Reference Error

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshot is showing an error that's shown. I'm not quite sure what to do about it now. Can anyone help? Also I have upscaled all the PNG files and put them in the main img folder for the game project I'm doing as a port of Pocket Mirror.

Attachments

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"weather is not defined" error is occurring in a Script Event Command. In order for us to help you, you need to show us that event.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"weather is not defined" error is occurring in a Script Event Command. In order for us to help you, you need to show us that event.
How do I show the event? All I did was start up the game and then it gave me that error.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You take a screenshot of the event that's causing the crash and then post it here. To take a screenshot, press Alt + PrtScn (it might be different depending on what kind of computer you have) and then save the screenshot somewhere.

To upload the screenshot, you can press the "Upload a File" button here on your reply.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You take a screenshot of the event that's causing the crash and then post it here. To take a screenshot, press Alt + PrtScn (it might be different depending on what kind of computer you have) and then save the screenshot somewhere.

To upload the screenshot, you can press the "Upload a File" button here on your reply.
Well wouldn't plugins be a solution too?

Also another error as you saw seems to be with the video files that are required. They aren't of webm.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is one of the things I suspected, but could only be sure with the above screenshot.

You have a script call somewhere that you either haven't converted to the Javascript equivalent, or that makes use of a script you used to have in your previous version. If it's the former, you'll need to figure out the correct MV equivalent and change the script call to that. If it's the latter, you'll need to find a similar plugin for MV, and you'll need to locate all your script calls and convert them to use the appropriate plugin command or script command as required by the plugin.

The conversion tool you used would have created a file showing all of your script calls.

If the issue happened as soon as you started a new game, then it is an event that is set to autorun or parallel process, that is on your starting map. It could also be a common event that is triggered by a Common Event command or by turning on a switch on your starting map.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is one of the things I suspected, but could only be sure with the above screenshot.

You have a script call somewhere that you either haven't converted to the Javascript equivalent, or that makes use of a script you used to have in your previous version. If it's the former, you'll need to figure out the correct MV equivalent and change the script call to that. If it's the latter, you'll need to find a similar plugin for MV, and you'll need to locate all your script calls and convert them to use the appropriate plugin command or script command as required by the plugin.

The conversion tool you used would have created a file showing all of your script calls.

If the issue happened as soon as you started a new game, then it is an event that is set to autorun or parallel process, that is on your starting map. It could also be a common event that is triggered by a Common Event command or by turning on a switch on your starting map.
So I need to find a plugin that does the same thing the original script used in VX Ace? Cause I have the original project and the assets for it. I found that there were some Galv and Mog scripts. Thankfully there were plugins for it. Though now how do movies work in MV?

And Shaz you seem to now a lot about this stuff so if you want to speak more in private we can do that. But it is up to you on that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I need to find a plugin that does the same thing the original script used in VX Ace?
No, the error you have here has nothing to do with plugins - not directly.

There is an event in the game somewhere that contains a command that doesn't work anymore because it contains commands that don't exist in your project. You need to find that event and remove the command from there to solve this error.

Now the reason for this is most probably that this command was targeted at one of the original scripts to have a function of that script triggered. And you indeed need something (most likely a plugin) that gives that option again.
But whatever plugin you later find to replace this broken option, it will NOT have the same script functions. So you need to find that event first to be able to change its commands from the ones needed for the old script to the ones needed for the new plugin.

As for the movies - you need to find a program that converts the original included movies to a format that can be used by MV, the rest should be automatic unless the original developer made script changes there as well.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I need to find a plugin that does the same thing the original script used in VX Ace?
By "original script" do you mean what Ace provided by default as a weather system? Or do you mean a script you added that contained additional weather options? You first need to figure that out - what is the script call your event was doing (did you actually look for it and find it? You NEED to do that). If it was a script call to Ace's default weather system, then no, you do not need to find a plugin. You simply need to find what the equivalent script call would be in MV, as MV has a default weather system very similar to Ace's. If you confirm that it was a script call to a custom script that you added (I believe MOG has a weather script), then yes, you will need to find an equivalent plugin and add it to your project, then you will need to find all script calls you made for the weather script, and convert them to script calls or plugins calls as required by the new plugin.

I do not help people via PM. There is no reason to rely on my assistance - every other person in the forum is able to help you just as well as I can. And there's no reason to take the conversation to PM. The forum is here specifically to get assistance with issues, and keeping it out in the open allows others to help, and down the track allows others to look up the solution, in case they have a similar issue.

Please do not use the same thread for every issue you have. It makes it confusing for people helping you, and for people who might have a similar issue later and wants to look at what you did to solve it. Movies have nothing to do with this issue, so that should also go into its own thread.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By "original script" do you mean what Ace provided by default as a weather system? Or do you mean a script you added that contained additional weather options? You first need to figure that out - what is the script call your event was doing (did you actually look for it and find it? You NEED to do that). If it was a script call to Ace's default weather system, then no, you do not need to find a plugin. You simply need to find what the equivalent script call would be in MV, as MV has a default weather system very similar to Ace's. If you confirm that it was a script call to a custom script that you added (I believe MOG has a weather script), then yes, you will need to find an equivalent plugin and add it to your project, then you will need to find all script calls you made for the weather script, and convert them to script calls or plugins calls as required by the new plugin.

I do not help people via PM. There is no reason to rely on my assistance - every other person in the forum is able to help you just as well as I can. And there's no reason to take the conversation to PM. The forum is here specifically to get assistance with issues, and keeping it out in the open allows others to help, and down the track allows others to look up the solution, in case they have a similar issue.

Please do not use the same thread for every issue you have. It makes it confusing for people helping you, and for people who might have a similar issue later and wants to look at what you did to solve it. Movies have nothing to do with this issue, so that should also go into its own thread.
Wow. That was a mouthful there.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we could help you better if you answer our questions

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to Necro this, but I'm still in need of help. How do I fix this issue again?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SightseeingWolf17
it is abslutely impossible to help you unless you give us the screenshots we requested and answer the questions we asked.
telling us "sorry" without answering the questions like you did a year ago does't change anything.

WE NEED ANSWERS TO HELP FIND YOUR PROBLEM.

If you don't know how to give the answers then tell us your problem with our questions and why you're never answering them.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can still re-read the questions above.
the most important one is that we need to see the screenshot of the event that contains the wrong command.

somewhere on your starting map is an event that contains the "weather" script command in some form. It has to be either an autorun or a parallel process. Please look through the map until you have found it and give a screenshot of the entire event.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SightseeingWolf17, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. Though how do I look up the stats that are in the very first screenshot here? I can't remember how to do that. But I'll look over the questions again.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I'm not sure what to do. I looked around and found a script for weather, but that isn't much to go on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightburnz