Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you need to do is reread all the thread and answer all the questions we asked you. A year has passed since you first asked for help with this. We still troubleshoot the same way we did back then - we ask you to check something, you go and check it and tell us what you find. This is what we're waiting for you to do.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I have looked back on them. So go ahead and repeat the questions if you may.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be a "no". The questions are still there. There is no need for us to repeat them. You've just got to answer them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright - see that line that says

Script: weather(3, 1, "shard")

That's the line that's causing the error.

You said this is a project that was converted from Ace. So I'm guessing in Ace you had a weather script, but in MV you don't. Or you have one but you don't call it the same way.

You need to change that script call. If you have an MV plugin that does weather, check how it should be called, and do it that way instead. If you don't have a plugin that does weather, just remove that script command.

Did you use a tool to convert all your maps and events, or did you do it manually? I assumed you used my tool, which converts everything in the Data folder, but not any images. That tool produces a list of all the script calls you've used that have to be adjusted. If you didn't use that tool, you'll just have to find all the issues one by one.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the Shaz VX Ace to MV script that was for free. And the tool I've been using for upscaling is RTP Scaler by Ryan Bram. And the main weather plugin that was in this is MOG Weather EX.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's my tool. So when you did the conversion/export, that tool created a file that contains a list of script calls. You need to manually go through that, line by line, and make sure the script calls will still work. If any of them are related to scripts you added to your Ace game (like this one is), you need to find a new plugin that does the same thing, and change your script call to what the plugin needs.

So if you are using MOG Weather EX (plugin for MV, not script for Ace), you need to find out what is the correct way to set the weather. There might be a script call, but it's more likely it's going to be a plugin command. So you need to replace your script call with a new one in the correct format, or replace it with a plugin command. MOG's blog/demo should show you what is the correct way to call it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit: ignore my post, was ninja'd

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where would I be able to find the list of script calls?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually I think I found it? It's in the mv-data folder right?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All files created by the converter are in the mv-data folder.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I found the script file. What do I need to do now?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to look at every line and make sure it will work with MV. I cannot tell you what you have to do, because your file is going to be different to everyone else's file.

Those commands are commands that YOU added, and presumably you knew what they were doing when you added them. Some of them might still work, but most won't. If they are calls for a script that you added to your Ace game, they very likely will NOT work anymore and you will have to change them or remove them.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
read it

the things we're talking about are described in the instructions of the scripts or plugins.
In the case of scripts, that is usually in the comments at the beginning of the scripts.
In the case of plugins, the help button on the MV plugin manager will extract those instructions from the plugin file.

You need to find the description of the script command that you used in the event to learn what it does.
Then you need to find a plugin that does something similiar and read it up to find the equivalent instruction to do that.
And then you need to delete the wrong script command in the event and replace it with a working alternative for MV.

After that you'll probably have to go to the next error, most likely you'll have more script commands that no longer work and need to be replaced.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. I'll get to doing that hehe. If any other errors pop up I'll let you know.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[DPOST]SightseeingWolf17[/DPOST]
If you want to add something, just use the Edit button on your post and type in the additional info/comment.
What a lot of people do to make it clear that it's an addition is to type:
EDIT
Then the new stuff here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela