BrandonDeVITO

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English-ish
Primarily Uses
All,

(Thank you in advance, I cannot proceed without your guidance, and am very grateful for any help)

THE PROBLEM
I need to be able to use a script check (Event > Script) which checks to see if an event by a specific name is nearby. Because of the style of Puzzle game I created, puzzle events are being replicated from another map at random and therefore have random IDs, but will always have the same name.
2017-05-17_1126.png
RMMV ISSUES
The source code for the program doesn't have this functionality built in.
THE HELP I AM REQUESTING
I am not an engineer, so my coding knowledge is limited. Through my own exhaustive research I believe there is a way to modify the core initiating files for RMMV to allow Event Names to be Referenced in a script call. If someone has this knowledge, I would appreciate knowing what file to change and if possible what to add and where.

All I can offer in return is mention in the Credits, and my unending gratitude. But it would be a truly huge help.

If I am being silly, and missed a script call which already exists, or there is a plugin which allows me to make these calls from one of our community creators, please don't hesitate to point it out.
-Brandon

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nigher