Not open for further replies.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm pretty much at wits end and ready to toss my laptop now. :) Hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm having a lot of trouble with states that reflect magic. Quite frequently, when the enemies try to reflect a spell back at the player, I get this error:

f_this_stupid_program_by_makio_kuta-d8vomee.png

Any time I cast a single target spell on an enemy that has reflect, I get this error. If I cast an AOE spell, it reflects just fine. If I have a party of one character, the game pretty much always crashes this way during the single target reflect. If I have a party of two, it crashes occasionally, but sometimes manages to reflect the spell successfully. If I have a party of three, it seemed to be working just fine.

Opening an older version of the project, it doesn't have this problem. Starting a new project, I don't have this problem. ((The error still happens if I take the period out of the title, since we did wonder if that was botching things.))

Help? :(

UPDATE

After hours of crazy testing, copying, making new files - We've come to learn that even in a BRAND NEW project, if any actor besides actor 1 has magic reflected back at them, this error happens.

It's not my game. It's the progmra. I'm going to cry more now.....

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wow it's seem like a software bug in my opinion ....because it's speak of "violation" it's seem more in the inside core in my opinion :o

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, we're thinking the data got corrupted somehow at this point too. :/ because nothing else makes sense. But I'm reeeaaaallly hoping someone has seen this sort of error before and can confirm that for me before we start gutting this thing to try to find and replace whatever might have self imploded on itself. (maybe a drop box transfer error... idk ;.; )

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
could you try in a fresh project for see if this work properly?

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
could you try in a fresh project for see if this work properly?
Opening an older version of the project, it doesn't have this problem. Starting a new project, I don't have this problem.
Oh, we tried that, and much much more. I'm pretty much (depressingly) convinced it's a database error. But because 2k3 has all of its database in one file, we're going to need to replace the whole thing and (painstakingly) copy bits over one thing at a time (since you can't have two copies open).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh my you are not lucky D: ....I hope you good luck for that ;-;

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE (also put in the first post)

THIS HAPPENS ON A BRAND NEW PROJECT TOO

so far it happens with Actor 3 and Actor 4. we are testing futher.... Actor 2 also does this.

----

Conclusion: You can only reflect magic back at Actor 1. Everyone else will crash the game. (My game with solo battles with Actor 2 and 3 just fell apart a.ha.ha.ha.ha)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so that's totally a software bug  in my opinion :/

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes. It's pretty much confirmed at this point, it has to be a software bug. It's annoying that we wasted HOURS of our time trying to fix our game only to find out that it was impossible from the start. Actually, it's pretty well put me in a sour mood. This game was going to be done today.

I don't know if anyone else with RPG2K3 wants to make a fresh project and give it a go just to confirm that, yes, this is a bug with RPG2K3 itself.  :/

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. It's pretty much confirmed at this point, it has to be a software bug. It's annoying that we wasted HOURS of our time trying to fix our game only to find out that it was impossible from the start. Actually, it's pretty well put me in a sour mood. This game was going to be done today.

I don't know if anyone else with RPG2K3 wants to make a fresh project and give it a go just to confirm that, yes, this is a bug with RPG2K3 itself.  :/
actually because it's a recent update I just advised archeia about this and maybe around this week she will put a fix for you :)

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, it will be good that it will be fixed for other people.

I'm not going to worry about it for this game. All the battles are pretty lame, so the last one can just follow the trend lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

100 degrees here (38 degrees C) god I need ac
I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandy_LOst