Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know, when you add a new script to your game, it probably will give you errors.
Tofix these errors you have to start a new game. Is there a way to apply the scripts without errors and without start a new game? Becouse if your game is long it's quite annoying to play it again.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Due to the nature of scripts, we cannot make a godlike function that solves such errors. But for my experience, there aren't many plugins that have troubles with a loaded game. Every programmer is adviced to write his scripts in a way, that Game Devs don't have to start a fresh game. Or at least, find functions to make it more convenient for others.

The only tip I can give you, is to import Yanflys Debug Extensions to make replaying a little bit faster.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Starting over your test when you add new scripts is a good idea anyway. You want to make sure everything still works after thescript change.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
When adding scripts you often write code that migrates your specific old save data over to your specific new save data format. It is not always possible to derive all the information you need.
I've done it for a couple of RMXP games so test saves could be used for a longer time before they need to be recreated.

Doing this does require you to be a pretty good coder.
*hugs*

Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks to everyone. I downloaded Debug Extendion script.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ina00
there are only limited ways to prevent the errors when adding scripts, and even the script that do are not perfect.

That is why almost every developer (not only RPG Maker, but every game including big AAA companies) added the cheats/cheat-codes. They are not there as a gimmick to the player, but to give the playtesters a way to speed through the game when they are required to start new for the hundreds time.

In the RMs, the most effective way to do this is to create a cheat map that has portals to every other map, unlimited gold chest and trader and so on, and then create an item that teleports the tester to that map.
and that item you place in a chest at the game start.

then everything you need to do when creating the official version is to remove the chest that give the cheat item before deployment.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this script. It has always worked for me. I have never had to restart just because I've inserted a new script -though I do so regularly as it is good practice for a range of reasons.

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this script. It has always worked for me. I have never had to restart just because I've inserted a new script -though I do so regularly as it is good practice for a range of reasons.
The link is down.

Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
See this post and the ones following it for a copy.
thanks i'll try

EDIT

They says
"_to_reorder link
R to Z file "

I did't understand where is this folder.

I found it, thanks :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kankuro