Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Has anyone refused a Fedex delivery before, or knows what happens when you do?

To make a long story short: I bought something from BH and Amazon last week, but no longer need them. The Amazon seller told me to just refuse the delivery and bring it to a Fedex center. He didn't say anything about shipping cost. BH sent me a shipping label and told me that if I use it, it will cost me $16 and will be deducted from my refund. But at first, they did say that if the item was still in box, I can refuse delivery. Well, they are still unopened, exactly the way they were delivered.

What happens if I just bring the two items to Fedex and tell them I don't accept delivery or say they were misdelivered and tell Fedex to sent them back to the sellers? Would anyone be charged?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No Signature Required
If no signature is required for delivery, the sender has waived the desire to get confirmation. In this case, the delivery driver leaves the package with a receptionist or at the door. You can still refuse a package after it has been delivered.
Call FedEx customer service at 800-463-3339. Provide the representative with the shipment tracking number on the FedEx label along with the address of delivery. Explain that you are refusing this package and need a pickup. Note that FedEx will usually pick up packages from businesses but not from residences. If FedEx won't pick up the package, take it to a FedEx drop-off location to complete the package return.
Who Pays
In most cases, the sender is responsible for the payment of return charges. However, if the package was signed for by the recipient or the recipient's representative such as a receptionist, payment for return shipping is the recipient's responsibility.
FedEx is not as clear as UPS regarding the time frame to coordinate the refusal. UPS clearly states you have five days to arrange for package refusal and return. FedEx doesn't state a time frame, although doing it as soon as possible after an undesired delivery makes sense.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've read them already. Apparently, BH doesn't count the cost of the shipping label as part of the return cost, hence the $16 label. As in "we won't charge you for returning, but we charge for label."

I've called Fedex just now. They said I must have a return label from the seller to send it back. I can't just drop them off at a Fedex center and "refuse delivery". I'm guessing the Amazon seller was wrong, or maybe I'm missing something here...?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$16 for a label sounds ridiculous. I think they're trying to pull a fast one on you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthNinjus