Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a Mini Game that is in development. Since my Mapping skills are not the best, I was deciding on hiring someone with doing only the mapping part of my Game. But before i go around doing that, I wanted to know what I would be expected to Pay the person for the work.

The Game involves 6 Maps, Each map around 20 x 20. I would be providing the person Material, Tile-sets and all the Art Information to base the Map design on. Does anyone have an idea about how much i should be expected to pay ? This is my first time hiring someone so I just want to make sure i'm doing this right and not underpaying or overpaying for the work.

PS : These are supposed to be simple maps, No Parallax Mapping, No Editing outside of RPG Maker MV. I have no idea how much it costs, So could use some feedback.

Last edited:

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From my experiences, it's best if you look around the Classifieds offers section since each mapper have their own pricing depends on complexity, sizes, and methods.
I can recommend you a mapper I know, if you like.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! ^^

I can help you with your game whenever you want it. I am a mapper myself and I've been doing this for some years now. You can check the link in my signature for details, pricing and such if you are interested in my help. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note, if your tilesets are purchased from the store, you cannot give them to your mapper. That would breach the EULA of those resources. You would either need to buy them for your mapper, or only go with mappers who already have all the tilesets you want to use.

If you're only using resources that come with the engine, or are freely available, that's fine (but then you wouldn't have to provide them).

I don't know if @Indrah is still doing mapping commissions. I hired her to do many maps for my game, both large and small, and she did a great job and was very fast, and inexpensive.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*awakens from the depths upon being mentioned*
Yeah, I'm still around and commissions are open. As far as I've seen each 20*20 would cost you (depending on mapper) between 6-10$ depending on your needs/the work.
Honestly just check the mapping commission topics and check, or PM and ask. The worse that can happen is you say no, which believe me, we are used to (actually I'm more used to people going "mysteriously" missing entirely but it comes with the territory XD)

As shaz mentioned I'm up for grabs if you want, usually charge 7$ (obvs depending on work) per map of everything is prepped. Link over here or my signature. Cheers.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your time and replies everyone, for giving me an approximate idea on how much it would cost for my Game project. Now i can actually work on how much money I would need for my Game Project to have my maps commissioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz