Region Common Events v1.0
This script lets you paint regions on your map and specify a common event to run when the player walks on or faces a tile with that region id.
- Common event when you walk ON a tile with a region.
- Common event when you are FACING (but not ON) a tile with a region.
How to Use
Paste script into a new slot in Materials, below other scripts.
Paint regions over the map.
Create common events for each region.
Add map notes in the following format:
regevt: region_id mode common_event_id
- region_id is, obviously, the region id you've painted with
- mode is either on or face
- common_event_id is the common event to call when you are on or facing this tile
Mode "on" means the common event will run when you step onto a tile with that region id
Mode "face" means the common event will run when you are facing, but not standing on a tile with that region id
regevt: 63 on 15
will call common event when the player walks on a tile with region 63. An example of this would be to play a splash SE when walking in shallow water (paint region 63 all over the water).
regevt: 62 face 12
will call common event 12 when the player is facing a tile with region 62. An example of this would be to do something when the player bumps into a wall (paint region 62 along the base of the wall).
Download from pastebin
Credit and Thanks
- credit Shaz
Okay for use in free and commercial games
Last edited by a moderator: