gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an item that depending on which direction it was turned before being picked up will trigger a region event. I however want it to be activated when the player tries to use it while in the region.. effectively canceling the action. I have it so far that it comes up as the player moves from one spot to the next that the region is in, and its so annoying.
so im looking for anyone that might know what the script call might be for if an item has been selected and attempted to be used? I tired using "ok" is pressed but its not giving me the desired effect and i cant seem to find this on the call sheet.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
If you are trying to use it inside the inventory, I think there is a way, even if it not exist, I can create it.

But, you have an easy way to do it using the Select Item on the first page of event command.
You will select an item from your inventory and it will store the item id in a variable.
So, you can check this variable value(that will be the item id). If it is equal to the item Id you want, then you do something in the conditional branch(you can replicate the effect of the item).

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That did not work for the purpose i intended.. but i found another way around it ^.^ Thank you.

Admin can close this for being solved :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.
Urgh. That sense of frustration when I tell my husband the plot of my game, bullet points, and at the end he looks and me and says 'that's it? Final Fantasy has more twists and turns.' Me: Ahrug! Bullet points!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuyetky01