Region ID but activated with an event walks over the Region number? Also Valentine DLC question?

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and good day!

I was wondering if it is possible to run a parallel using Region ID and have events triggered with an event. (Not the player)

I guess an example would be a wandering NPC who steps on Region#2 and jumps, Region#3 plays sound effect, Region#4 walks a certain direction or does something. Hopefully that makes sense?

I've made RegionID events before using the player to activate them but had trouble setting it up like this.

If you could kindly point me in the right direction or how it would start, it would be most appreciated.

Side question:
I bought the Valentine DLC set for MV. It has a file with animated doors, fountain and a boat. But I haven't a clue where to put it. Because the tile set is using water for the animation already, and placing them as an event only selects the items partially. Normally I figure this stuff out.

Thanks to all that read and have a nice day.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You get an event's region id the same way you get the player's. Load the event in question's X and Y position into two variables, then use a "get location info" using the x and y to load the event's regionid.

You can use a parallel event to keep track of that, and once the event hits the region in question, it can do the work.

I would suggest, however, that you use the event in question itself as the location checker, since then you can use a self-switch to run the other stuff and then turn it back off when you're done. Cause, then you'd be able to use a common event that checks for "This Event's" regionid and you can use custom movement routes on the event itself without interupting itself (Movement routes still run while you're giving commands through another event).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
logicspice2