Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the point of transform?
This was explained to you in posts 9 and 10 (I used appear halfway, Andar used transform).
I simply did x = x?
I don't know what that means.
As I don't want to change them into anything else...
Yes, you said you did, you said you only wanted to fight this enemy once.
and it's not working, at any rate, simply getting them immortal in the first battle, then as expected for the next, but they keep respawning in future battles still.
Then you didn't copy the events properly.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, the idea is to transform them into something else in all future battles? I tried to change that, but it only transforms after a bit, not at the battle's start, also the text still appears from the second battle (should it be in page 1 or 2?) - still reappears, regardless (what's supposed to prevent that?)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the point of transform?
to remove the big boss that should only be fought once from the battle by replacing it with a regular enemy.
I simply did x = x?
then you did something wrong, because at no place I did that.
which is probably the reason why it didn't work.

show us a screenshot of what you have and we can correct what you did wrong

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to change that, but it only transforms after a bit, not at the battle's start
Turn 0 events should happen at the beginning of the battle - can you define what "after a bit" means? 2 seconds? A full turn of combat?
also the text still appears from the second battle (should it be in page 1 or 2?) - still reappears, regardless (what's supposed to prevent that?)
I have no clue what you're talking about. What second battle? These are two troop events on the same troop. What text? There is no command that should make any text appear in either event.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do need text, though, and right now it's only appearing after the first battle for some reason... and transform happens after a second or so, before the first turn, but the previous enemy is visible, which is obviously not what I want...

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyone knows? The main problem now is them transforming after (the 'emerged' window, also, the name remains there, any way to change it immediately?)...

Last edited:

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The main problem now is them transforming after (the 'emerged' window, also, the name remains there, any way to change it immediately?)...
No. Anything in a troop event happens once the battle starts, which is after that stuff.

I think it wasn't taken into consideration the last time you were in this thread because most people get rid of the battle log, so we don't even think about "The blah appears" messages that we never see.

You're going to have to do something to load a different troop once your unique enemy has died. Perhaps you can move the player to an identical map that has different enemy encounters.
Or you can run a script to change the region IDs of whatever area and affect what troops are encountered that way.

Perhaps someone else will have another suggestion, but that's what comes to me off the top of my head (the duplicate map idea is quite simple to implement).

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not simple because this is the world map I'm doing this on... would be messy if I tried anything... and if you had no 'emerged' window would that mean it transforms immediately? And do you know of any script? I would have thought it would be doable if regions numbers can be changed after a switch turns on, but can events even do it?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not simple because this is the world map I'm doing this on... would be messy if I tried anything...
I'm not sure why that would make it not simple. You click the map, copy, paste. The only actual work you have to do is go to the villages/dungeons/whatever that exit to the world map and change which version they transfer the player to based on the switch from killing the enemy.
I would have thought it would be doable if regions numbers can be changed after a switch turns on, but can events even do it?
Why not? There's a button in the event commands for a script box, which allows you to type JavaScript that can do anything the engine can do. I know there were plugins for MV that could do it, so...you can look it up. If there hasn't been anything made for MZ, the MV stuff might work, or might work via FOSSIL.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaato