DaSleem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Darija
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,
On RPG Maker MV, how can I make the player unable to move past a region until he talks to an NPC ?
Thanks

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say region, are you referring to Region IDs, as in the colored squares in the editor? Or are you just trying to block passage to some location on a map until the player talks to the NPC?

DaSleem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Darija
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to block passage to a location.

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make an invisible event with a show text command like, "I should listen to the chief's advice first before I go in there."
maybe followed by a move player event.
You can create another event page that requires a switch to be turned on after talking to the required NPC. Leave the second page blank so it does nothing and make sure to have it set to below character to let the player pass. The NPC event will also need to trigger a switch to be turned on of course.
If the passage is more than one tile wide, you can also copy and paste that event.

DaSleem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Darija
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply. But just want the player to get blocked, by like an invisible wall. I don't want any event to happen. I achieved it by the regions restrictions plugin but the problem with it is that there is no command for canceling the restriction by talking to the NPC.

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you leave the event image blank, it will be exactly like an invisible wall.

DaSleem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Darija
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes but there's a text that will display and the player will move away. I don't want that

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then don't put the text command into the event.

By default events are the only dynamic parts on the map, and you'll need one such if you want to block a tile temporarily only. What else the event does and how it is removed is completely up to the developer.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, just make a blank event and set the priority to Same as Player. Then make a second page that's blank and has a switch condition. When the player talks to the chief, flip the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SasquatchWizard