regional parallax script

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Powell, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    using small images along with an animated parallax and setting regions up to change the parallax.

Is this possible?

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This lacks information. How are they supposed to change? Are they supposed to fade? Are they supposed to abruptly change from one to another, are they supposed to blend? Not giving enough information is not a good way to get help...you should always keep that in mind.

That said, the implementation depends on how you want those images to change, but it is definitely something that can be done.

3. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    regional parallax script

• Set animated parallax by Region (using file names in script)

• Change animation frames

• Change vertical and horizontal looping

• Set parallax layer
    So I have been looking for a way to implement a shore with out using events or change the color of the parallax in other areas of the map.

Attached Files:

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that is contradictory. do you want a parallax or something with tiles?

5. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well I am looking for a way to change the color of the water in some areas or add sand or a swamp that moves... in addition to other effects...

Attached Files:

6. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, you can already do that without a script though: create as many different tilesets as you need with a different A1 tile on each one of them (one for each king of water) and then use the "Change Tileset" event command to change it based on the player current region - also obtainable using event commands. Why do you need a script for something like that?

I can understand if you are looking for a more fluid animation, but if it is just the color, that can be easily achieved without a script.

7. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have tried using A1 tiles but they can't process more then 3 changes in animation, and the tile changes require 4-5 changes (and then there is the on screen synchronization if I use events)

Attached Files:

8. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, to sum up what you need:
    • you want the script to associate each region with a different image with a custom number of animation frames (it might vary depending on a per-case basis);
    • those tiles should change color based on something (not specified yet);
    • rotate based on something (not specified yet);
    • set different layers (like almost any other parallax script would do).
    As you can see there are still things that are not specified at all. To be honest, I cannot see how this is a parallax script, the more I hear about it, the more I think it is a tiles-related script.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the problem is that parallax doesn't work that way. Any change of the parallax requires to change it for the entire map.
    you can animate that by full map changes, but you can't change it partially.

The partial change can be done by tiles, but it cannot use a parallax picture. you can ask for a plugin that allows more than 3 frame tile animations (there currently is none to my knowledge but it would interest others as well), but it needs to use tiles for that and cannot be done as parallax.

10. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for clarifying this. So can this be done only on the A tilesets or can other tilesets be used for this? Such as the B-E tile sets?

11. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    To be completely honest, I think that the reason why something like that does not exist yet is because the Tilemap class is a hidden class and there is no way to know exactly how the update method for that class works. Of course, since the documentation says that it uses multiple sprites internally, I can assume that it calls the update method on each sprite object in it and then updates the A1 tiles changing the x property of the src_rect for that sprite, but I have no means to know if my assumption is true, how those sprites are initialized (other than simply guessing) and how they work internally.

To answer your question: what you are trying to achieve is definitely possible. However, I am not sure if you will be able to find someone who can do something this complex for free. Doing something like this requires several hours of work.

12. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah I can do the graphics with large graphic events... but I am looking for something that will use less resources and won't require me to have all my events synchronized. Something complex like this wouldn't be free...

13. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you were willing to pay for it from the very beginning, you should have started your thread in the classified forums. Well, whatever, you still did not tell us how those tiles should change color though. When is that supposed to happen? How does it happen? Does the new image blend with the old one, does it abruptly replace it? Does a fade transition happen?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  14. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  15. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No, it is not possible. Not if you want to change how the animation of A1 tiles works. And you keep leaving my questions unanswered.

16. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    upload_2019-6-14_22-24-4.png [​IMG]
    I thought the test game answered everything. For the most part the only thing that changes are the colors in the image which makes it seem like the water is moving in one direction. The parallax used for the water loops horizontally at -1 and has 3 images but I am not sure if this could be done with a 3 tile set and have it moving horizontally. This can be done with an event but it requires 48 images in order to make the water move like the parallax does.

To sum things up I am looking for a way to do the graphics in test game using tiles with out events, or having a single event swapping out all the tilesets making it appear as it is moving. Edit I have A2 A4 and A5 filled with images as well as some B-E images done so by no means do I have to do this with the A1 tileset. I could use the A3 tileset or B-E

17. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No you can't use A3 or B-E tiles if you want it animated. Only A1 tiles do that.

18. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Shows Tile animation using Tile Swap 2.0 By Tsukihime just move one square I just need to have it implemented better.

19. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you use N different tiles and change them to simulate an animation it might work, but you have to event it. By the way, if you want to do it that way you don't even need a script for what I know. There is a built-in method to change tiles in the map.

Do not expect people to download your demo every time. There are people (I am one of them) that often answer from mobile. You should always explain things with words.

The reason why we told you that you cannot do it with that script is because when people ask for a script, they usually want something that does those things automatically, without having to write events to time those effects. As a matter of fact, if you are willing to write complex events on your own, you often do not need a script at all, a lot of methods that you might want to use are already part of the engine, all you need to do is use them in the right way.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  20. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Using Custom Autonomous Movement (I have used 32 pixel by 32 pixel images and 416 pixel by 416 pixel images)
    For the shore I have been using
    $>Graphic: '!Lennus shore 1',X
    $>Wait: 20 frame(s)
    $>Turn Left
    $>Turn Right
    $>Turn Up
    $>Graphis: 'Lennus shore 1',Y
    $>Turn Right
    $>Turn Left
    $>Turn Down

For the moving current
    $>Turn Down
    $>Wait: 3 frame(s)
    $>Turn Left
    $>Turn Right
    $>Turn Up

This will cause the same effect as above but with one command. Except if I use Auto, it breaks the game. And I can't use this in Custom Autonomous Movement.
    @>Script: tile_swap("A65","A66",0,001)
    @>Wait: 5 Frames
    @>Script: tile_swap("A66","A67",0,001)
    @>Script: tile_swap("A67","A68",0,001)
    @>Script: tile_swap("A68","A65",0,001)