regional parallax script

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Powell, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Putting that in a parallel process event should solve your issue though.

2. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wonder on a 384 by 256 map if that is such a good idea... I wonder if there was a way to have it only process on screen tiles and keep everything synchronized

3. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In the script description it clearly states that the script is meant to change every tile on the map. Even so, if you just change the tiles on the screen, you have to change them continuously when moving, always changing those who need to be changed and those who do not, and that would put them completely out of sync.

I am not saying it is not possible, but that requires a script to extend the script you mentioned.

4. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Who would it be better to ask to extend the script?

5. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Usually asking to the author is the best way in terms of cost (time-wise). However, a lot of people are no longer writing scripts for ace nor providing support for the ones they wrote. If you are looking for a free solution, this board is the right one. You can find people to do it for free here.

Even so, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, you might not have much luck. You might want to take a look at the classified board, where people offer their services for money. You can find a few threads of people who might do the job for you (including myself). Of course, while the said board ensures that you get the script done, it also implies that you pay for it.

If you are not in a rush, you should wait a little bit and see if anyone replies to this thread posting the script you need. The fact that it comes for free does not make it worse than a paid one. After all, we have been posting in this thread continuously, effectively bumping it many times. If you are still unable to get the script for free when you start running out of time (or if you already are in a rush) you should consider the classified board. In the end the choice is up to you.

6. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    upload_2019-6-18_19-56-53.png
    I have been messing around with the tile sets it seems like you can stack the right half of the A2 tiles over other A2 tiles then have a B-E tile over that. However I couldn't get the tiles to animate very well at all.

7. Powell

Powell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just curious is it possible to have a tile set to a vertical and/or horizontal loop?

8. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the Tilemap class is one of the hidden ones. It is not properly documented and, even if the documentation says that it is made of multiple sprites, there is no direct way to access those sprites (tiles) directly. For this reason it is not possible to loop a single tile nor to move a single tile.

That said, rewriting the Tilemap class in a way that makes it compatible with standard RPG Maker VX Ace methods and still offers direct access to each sprite is still possible, but it is not possible with the default Tilemap class.