RegionEvents on OK-Button - [UPDATE] Version 2.1 - Trigger if approaching Regions & Specify if Player is allowed moving

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RegionEventsOnOKButton v2.1
ST0RMTiger

Introduction
This plugin lets you define regions where Yanfly RegionEvents are only called when the player stands in this region and is pressing "OK", or when a region is approached (with/without button press).

Features
Define selected Yanfly RegionEvents to be called only after pressing "OK".

You define these regions in the plugins parameters. Each region can be defined independently to function "normal" (exactly as in Yanflys plugin") or to trigger as defined.

[UPDATE]
Additional Features of Version 2.1

Made it possible to specify if player should stop moving while executing the common event.

[UPDATE]
Additional Features of Version 2.0

made it possible to specify 4 types of region interaction:
  • underPlayer: same as no definition set for the corresponding region (you could leave that region blank also)
  • underPlayerOnOK: same as a "true" for a region in version 1.0
  • approachingRegion: (NEW) Event triggers if player faces region infront but is not within that region (of same type) already
  • talkingToRegion: (NEW) Event triggers if player "talks" to region meaning standing infront of it and hitting button OK
NOTE: I had to change the way in which the plugin is configured, so i exchanged the screenshots. If you switch from Version 1 to Version 2, you have to set everything up from blank.

Screenshots
Plugin order
pluginOrder.PNG

Region Definitions
1633765190318.png

How to Use
This plugin requires Yanfly RegionEvents to function.

Place this plugin right below the Yanfly Plugin.
Make a new entry in the Parameter "RegionConfig" for each Region you want to change the trigger for.

Demo
I made a short demo to showcase the functionality of the plugin.

Download
Download Version 2.1

Terms and Credits
This plugin may be used in every rpgmaker project, even in commercial and adult-themed games.
You have to keep the license. You have to credit ST0RMTiger.
I do not offer any warranty. But if you need help, just ask.

Best wishes,
ST0RMTiger

Attachments

• pluginInsight.PNG
    pluginInsight.PNG
    65.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to Version 2.1!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otwm