RMMV Reincarnation Assistant (One Map Challenge)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

AKA:

A super short game made for the One Map Challenge!
Meet Mana.

Mana's the new assistant to a Reincarnation God, one of the gods in charge of finding and sending people on isekai adventures. Unfortunately for Mana, her boss is a bit... lazy. And that means that she's stuck doing his leftover work, even if it's time to leave!

Can you help Mana send the right people to the worlds that need then? Or should Mana just duck out as soon as the clock strikes five?

This is a silly game all based around the idea that some of the gods that show up in isekai stories may not be great at their job. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, isekai stories are based around the idea of a normal person from Earth being sent to a fantasy world, usually to become a hero.

Since this for for the One Map Challenge, it all takes place in one office room... So there's not much to look at.

You can play or download the game on its itch.io page!

One Map Challenge stats:
  • Maps: 1 (of course)
  • Events: 8 regular & 1 common event
  • Variables: 8
  • Switches: 1
This was made with MV's default resources to keep myself from spending hours making a bunch of things that the game didn't really need (like a bobble-head to sit on Mana's desk). I had a lot of extra ideas that could have gone into this, but since I wanted to actually finish a game I left them out. I'd love to hear what y'all think of the game, and if you'd be interested in a longer, more in-depth, version of the game. :rwink:

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I salute your naming convention! I mean using an anime style title! Yeah.... One of the two. I'm going to try your game seems; it looks like has a chuckle or two in there!

++points for Exampleopolis!

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mrs_Allykat I'm happy to hear you're as amused with the game's name as I am! If you can believe it, that's actually the shorter version I came up with. :guffaw: Example-opolis is the best world ever, all game tutorials should visit it.

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Played the game! Gave smile to my face. It would be awesome to have an extended version with more interaction with the R-god. Or Maybe a lunch time scene where you could meet some other staff. And definitely more heroes and worlds that need them! Hehehe, and maybe an option to see( graphically) how the hero is doing in the other world in the success calculation part. anyway, thanks for this gaming experience!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@pandadodod I'm happy to hear my game put a smile on your face, that's what I was aiming for! :) I do want to make a full version of this idea if enough people would be interested in it, while the One Map Challenge did help me get this done quickly it really limited just what I could do... And the fact I didn't use any plugins made things even tougher. :rswt A full version would definitely include more rooms, more coworkers and scenes with your god-boss, and a bunch more options for worlds and heroes.

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah!!! It's included in the browser! Starting it up now I'll let you know what I think after I'm done playing :)

That was a ton of fun! It was really charming, I like that it was more than just "throw some game onto one map." You put effort into the characters and there's so much room for more if you ever wanted to make it into something bigger the setup is already there.
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@VitaliaDi Thanks for playing my game! I merged your posts so that you weren't double posting, you can always just edit your post to add in new details. ;)

I wanted the game to be fun for multiple playthroughs (since the worlds that are options are randomized), so I wanted to make sure the heroes were all fun enough that players would want to see what they all do on different worlds. :)

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hee hee just played this and I love it! I would love to see an extended version of this as it has great potential, imo.
Great job :)

DreadRoach

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was cute! I messed up on one of the worlds, but we'll call that... a minor setback. I really like the premise here; the setting and main character are both charming and fun and I definitely enjoyed the gameplay. I'd love to see more in this vein, if you're up to making it.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreadRoach Thanks for playing! Luckily messing up isn't an instant game over (and honestly some of the funniest results come from failure), I know players can't read my mind so I don't want to punish them for not choosing the exact heroes I think are best. :)

For everyone who enjoyed the game and wants to see more, I have good news! I'm working on a full game based on this, so keep an eye out in the Games in Development section in the coming weeks. :rwink: It's still very early development though, so don't expect too much quickly. :rswt

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love your ridiculously long title on the banner so it feels more like an isekai light novel xD

The game was short, but cute! I love the concept and I'd love to see more based on this ^^

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For everyone who enjoyed the game and wants to see more, I have good news! I'm working on a full game based on this
Woohoo that is something to look forward to :D
Question : are you gonna use RTP or make your own sprites for the full version? (just curious haha)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval I'll be making my own sprites for the full version eventually, but I expect that the first few demos will use defaults just so I can focus on the mechanics first. :)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So to show my support for this game, to motivate you and to show how exited I am I made a little fan-art :D
(No-one will get this though but hey insider-joke I guess lol)

RCC.png

(ps: I changed RRC into RCC Reincarnation Control Center as I found that even better fitting :D but that's just me haha )

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone Played through 3 times to finally get it right. :biggrin: Second playthrough I thought everything would just be the same, so I quickly autosent a hero to the first world on the list because they worked there last time, then realized even though they worked again for the first on the list, the last on the list was the one they had actually worked in on the previous playthrough! Glad to see the randomization! Third time through there was even a world I hadn't seen the first two times. Nice! I like the sort of Papers, Please feel to the game. The music really fits. Can't wait to get thoroughly confused by the huge list of worlds and heroes you can throw at the protagonist on a grander scale.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mathmaster74 I'm happy to hear it took 3 playthroughs for you, since that meant you got to see more of the world options! :D There are five worlds in the pool, so there's quite a few results to see if you feel like taking the time to send different heroes to each place. The music is actually one of the defaults, but I guess it's just not as popular with other devs (which sure worked out for me). I'm glad that you're looking forward to the full-scale game! :rhappy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunairesol