KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's too soon to ask this question even I need to study how to use variable switch.

I wanna make few events where hero have relationship bond with his/her partner or other character. In the end, one of few characters will having a special event if player reached his relationship goal, like marry,friendship, brotherhood or something.

Example, you,Harold, choose who you wanna talk to. Theresa, Marsha, or Nina. Every event, who you wanna talk, you get relationship point. Like, you talk Theresa more than other, in the end, special event happen between Harold and Theresa. 

Get it?

Well, I need support but you can teach me how to manage variable switch. Thank you

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@KayZaman...

You'd be best served by going through a few tutorials, to get a wider grasp on how all of this stuff works, I'd say. Nevertheless, I'll try to answer your question...

A Switch is a Switch; it's either On or Off. There are no 'Variable' Switches. For doing as you describe, you'll need a Variable in which to accumulate these Relationship Points. At any suitable moment (depending on your game-play...), you'll test the value of this Variable, and if it has reached the threshold required, the Switch should be turned On.

Is this any help to you..?

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dad3353 summed it up. You store the value of the relationship in a variable, and increase it (or decrease it) depending on actions, then at the end run  a check to see what the value of the variable is, play the scene based on that value.

You'll also figure out who to handle ties, as those can occur.

DTracy3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Luxembourgish
Primarily Uses
I once worked with something similar. Used a variable for Relationship Points that increased or decreased depending on choices and situations. When reaching a certain amount of points, my characters learned a new combo move that they could do together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valgous