Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGryph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm wanting to try my hand at making an RPG/Dating Sim mix, but I'm not that good at scripting
much. I've made a time/date script, but I'll need someone more experienced to make a dating
system.

The way I'm planning to use it is, the player will be free to decide what to do each day using
something like a level select. Each character has their own side-quest arc which the player can
continue with whenever, or the player can choose to explore with a character, or continue the
main story arc.

Dialogue choices and giving gifts are the main ways of impacting a relationship.
I also have it to where the player can create items that can be given as gifts, like a cake or
something. Giving the right kind of gift has a positive effect, while the wrong kind of gift
has a negative effect. To this end, each character will have a list of faves and a list of hates.

Below is a list of the features that the system must accomplish. If you have any ideas/questions,
I would love to hear them.

Features:  

Use variables to keep track of relationship levels.

The datable characters will be set up as actors in the database, as I want
        them to also be party members.

A way to list a character's favorite items and hated items; which, when given
        as gifts, impact relationship levels.

A menu that lets the player select any item in inventory to give to characters,
        kinda like the select key item event command.

Notetag items so as to categorize them to go along with the fave/hate lists.

A menu that lets you select a character the plyer has met, and
        displays their likes/hates and relationship level(as a gauge w/ numbers).

Scripts I'm using that may conflict:
Yanfly's Ace Item Menu    http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-item-menu/
Yanfly's Ace Status Menu  http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-status-menu/

KieronGryph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, I looked through both scripts and read the scripters' term & conditions.

Neonblack's script looks easy to use, and he allows editing, so I'll see what I can do with this

script.

Thank you Archeia, Candacis.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!
oh god I'm going to die
AAAAAAAAi.png
Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBanana