Relationship System

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Jeneeus Guruman, Jul 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. the Skye Mage

the Skye Mage E=MC Squire Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Umm... this is an amazing concept... but I couldn't help but notice... I can't find WHERE to add the partners... is there a tag somewhere in your script I just keep overlooking? thanks

2. Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If I may suggest an alternate version of this script?

Let the partners be established by script calls... so, for example, if in the narrative the protagonist is nice to Actor 3, you can have a script call that increases their closeness by 1, for example. And this is where it would be different from what you've established: Let the "partner" of an actor be defined solely by who has the highest closeness to them.

So, for example, Alex is partnered to Bjorn because their closeness is 5 and that's the highest closeness they have with anyone else.

Sylvia and Karl are partnered, because their closeness is 7 (pre-determined by a script call at the beginning of the game, because Alex is the protagonist and the only one who can romance people... all of the other relationships are defined by story choices ).

Have it so that the characters do not need to be next to each other to receive benefits, but merely have them be in the same combat party. Don't define partners by formation, but solely by their closeness value.

Do you think these changes could be doable?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  3. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have a couple project ideas that would really benefit from something like this...ah the possibilities. Anyway thanks for all the hard work on this.

4. Bleuw

Bleuw Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
     I was wondering if there's the possibility to make more than just a pair of partners (Maybe it is and I'm missing it, just tell me if that's the thing and I'll keep looking deeper into the script to check why I'm missing it, sorry if it is and I'm noob enough to not find it), because I want to make a partner benefit with the mumber 3 and 4 of my team aswell. I mean, the third and fourth charas are connected too, I was hoping to find If they can get related also.

5. Jeneeus Guruman

Jeneeus Guruman The Returnee Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Sorry for this VERY LATE replies guys. And thank you for the suggestions and support for this. I hope, it's still be useful as it is. As for compatibility issues especially Yanfly Engine scripts, I'll try look for it since I haven't tried that myself.

You can limit the relationship level via script calls in events.

if read_partner_level(1, 2) < 5 # <= the highest limit that can only be achieved. gain_partner_level(1, 2)endAnd to start the relationship level higher than level 1, just call the 'gain_partner_level' for (desired level - 1) times using script calls during the beginning cut scene or using autorun event once during the starting of the game.

for i in 1..n gain_partner_level(1, 2) # <= You can change the IDs depending on the partners.end# where n = the level you want to the two actors to start off with - 1
    # To add parameter bonus in notetags:# * Place this notetag to increase the parameter of the partner of the # one who has the notetag per relationship level.# <partner_param: param_id, param_bonus[%]># param_id: The ID of the parameter to be added.# 0 = MHP; 1 = MMP;# 2 = ATK; 3 = DEF;# 4 = MAG; 5 = MDF;# 6 = AGI; 7 = LUK;# param_bonus: The amount of bonus to be added# %: Place a percent sign if the bonus will be by percentage. # Remove the percent sign if using a fixed amount.# Notetag examples: # <partner_param: 0, 5%> => Adds 5% of MaxHP of partner.# <partner_param: 1, 10> => Adds exactly 10 of MaxMP of partner.

The closeness level is actually doable via script calls in the events using 'gain_partner_level'. For example:

if read_partner_level(1, 2) < 5 gain_partner_level(1, 2)endAnd also about the predetermined levels, just call the 'gain_partner_level' for 6 times during the beginning cut scene if you plan on making the closeness start at level 7. About the partners based on level, I'll try to look for it if it is doable or not.

Just change the "PAIR_NUMBERS" variable. Making the value to "2" will have the 3rd and 4th member be partners. Just find this part and edit.

Code:
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * PAIR_NUMBERS  #     Number of pairs to have the bonus, if twice of this is bigger than   #   the number of battle members, the latter will be used.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  PAIR_NUMBERS = 2

6. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    It's been more than 2 years since I haven't updated this script and most comments here likes to make this compatible to Yanfly's scripts, I'll update this one now and it now compatible.

Major Update (v1.1.0)

• Now compatible with Yanfly Menu Engine and Yanfly Status Menu.
    • Can now decrease and change partner level.
    • Added conditions on how the partner skills will be shown and used.
    • Now compatible with Tankentai Sideview Script when using the Partner Substitute/Cover add-on found in the demo.

Any comments, suggestions, and anything to say that is not offensive or a violent reaction, feel free to reply.

7. Lasimo

Lasimo Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    aight so Ive got like 11 actors right and if I add the 11th to my active party the game crashes.

Actually anyone that isn't within the first 10 Actor slots being in the active party will crash the game.

[​IMG]

what do

8. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Interesting, aside from those slight bonus's relationships provide- would there be a way to say if you upset someone by doing bad deeds leave them to reconsider being in your party?

9. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    It seems there are no problems in my part when I put it 11 party members, both active and reserve party. Maybe there are some other scripts you used that will crash the game.

My latest update (as of January this year) can now make partners decrease partner level if intended. You may use some script calls and eventing to control for some partners being reconsider to join the party.

10. GethN7

GethN7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is there a way to make this a conditional event trigger, as in, "Event W happens if Relationship X for Y Character(s) is at Z level?"

11. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    Use the read_partner_level(x, y) == z script call in the conditional branch.

# read_partner_level(actor_id1, actor_id2)# * Gets the level of the relationship between specified actor IDs.# Placement of IDs is not necessarily in order. If actor_id2 is not# specified, gets the value of the current partner instead. This can be# used for having different cutscenes by depending on the relationship level.[​IMG]
    Also, if the 2nd one is omitted (only using read_partner_level(x)), it will compare the current partner's level, whoever it is.

GethN7 likes this.
  12. Reapergurl

Reapergurl Drummer Extraordinaire! xD Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Will this interfere if I use extra equipment slots?

I tend to like the idea of having at least eight equipment slots...

13. slickdeath97

slickdeath97 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yo, your demo doesn't work for me to get the script please fix it.