reliquarian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a game where I would like the player character to have separate sprites for their walking and running animations. I am aware of Galv's pulgin for this. I've tried it out and it works quite well, but I've noticed a slight visual glitch can occur when switching between sprites, so I'm currently experimenting with some other solutions.

What I've done so far is create a parallel event that checks whether the player is dashing every 10 seconds, and switches sprites accordingly:

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.25.03 AM.png

This works pretty well without any noticeable lag. However, I would also like to have a feature where the player can change the color of their sprite. This is how I imagine the sprite sheet would look ("Alien.png"):

Alien.png

So here's my question: Is there a way to change the Actor Image to another sprite at a relative position on the same sprite sheet? So instead of changing the actor image to a specific location on the sheet like "Alien(0)" or "Alien(1)", the event would change the actor image to a relative location like "Alien(+1)" or "Alien(-1)". That way whichever color of walk sprite is currently being used, the event would always just go "one to the right" to get the matching dashing sprite.

I hope what I'm asking makes sense. If there's a better solution I haven't thought of yet or if I'm doing anything terribly stupid, please let me know. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pokemon AI Logic: "Enemy is weak to Fire, I better use Rain Dance to make fire type moves less effective. I should just always cast Rain Dance first no matter what, even though it's a niche move that I'm not set up to exploit."
After a little test with the parallax mapping, found it lags like a cat on a leash. Instead of the original idea to parallax map the entirety of the ship, I guess I'll settle for editing the tilesets. Probably should have done that first. :kaosigh:
So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liutons