bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fellow RPGMakers. I am here to challenge you to a goal. A goal of releasing a game, of some sort, in the year 2015. The point of this is to get a game of some sorts released, and to improve our skills as game makers and developers. 

If you are up to the challenge, post here what you intend to make, and your progress on it from time to time. The hope is that by having a thread running for this, we can keep each other moving along and release a game sometime this year.

This post will self destruct in five seconds.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, isn't that what the IGMC is? Unless they aren't doing it in 2015. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The IGMC is in one month, this is for the entire year. You can make bigger games.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is this intended for new stuff, or even for stuff you have been working on? Assuming it's the latter:

I have been working on my farming game for months. Most of the event systems are in place, but I need to finish the orchard and maybe the mushroom area (I finshed it once, but left that in Indiana...), along with the trade stuff (will be time consuming, but not sure how much).

Mapping I would say is 75% done, need to make some stuff look better and a few maps still need to be started.

Writing is another story entirely, may need to find someone to help there, lol.

Also will work on a more traditional JRPG, want to practice with the High Fantasy tiles and dealing with custom battle scripts. But that is secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anything goes. The purpose of this is to get and post encouragement so we actually finish something this year. Bring on those projects started in 2010 if you want to!

As for me, my intent is to make a side project dungeon crawler in the game world as my main game (which has an ETA of 2016 or 2017)and post it sometime before the year ends. I don't even have a title yet for it, so we'll just call this Fancy Side Project for now.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I want to finish the demo for porcup at least but lol scripts and graphics ... I'll try though. :u

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED > : 3

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm going to try to release two demos of my projects and finish one of them :)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I'm gonna aim high and will release a commercial game in 2015. Or better: I will have the production finished and ready for commercial release by the end of 2015. Wish me the perseverance.

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's for sure my plan. Been messing around with a bunch of different dev engines lately, so I want at least one RPG Maker game to be proud about before committing to anything else.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm game, I'll try and do Bi Weekly updates and releases for my project as my own personal goal..

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I will get my game released this year. I would like to, but since I got other people to help me, they have filled my head with all sorts of dreams for improvements, and I have an artist redoing all my menus, and now there's Luna, and ... yeah, I would like to, but it probably won't happen if I do EVERYTHING I want to do :(

I'm still trying to decide how much is a reasonable amount to work towards each week - if I set too high a goal, it'll become a burden to try and achieve it, and then I'll just let it drop altogether rather than just being slightly less ambitious.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
I will "finish" GSoD this year... :3

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm fairly confident that I will release one, which I am hoping will be commercial.  I keep wondering about starting a Progress thread, but then decide that it's one more thing to keep updated and distract me from actually making the thing.  On the other hand, it might help keep me focused.  Decisions, decisions.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aiming to release my commercial one within the year of 2015 :p

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm fairly confident that I will release one, which I am hoping will be commercial.  I keep wondering about starting a Progress thread, but then decide that it's one more thing to keep updated and distract me from actually making the thing.  On the other hand, it might help keep me focused.  Decisions, decisions.
I usually do progress threads, because I feel it gives me more inspiration putting up various screenshots and updates and getting some feedback and people's thoughts. You might even get a few nice ideas from some people. Also, this kind of stuff helps to build the hype for the game before it's even released. :D

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@matseb

Valid points. Rl for the next couple of weeks will be hectic but maybe after that.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thought I could elaborate a bit on what I hope I'll be able to release, so here is a teaser containing shots of 3 of them. Depending on my real life, there could be 1-2 more, but I sure hope these 3 will see 2015. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim