Release a Game in 2015 Challenge

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well, I'm still working on the game I've been working on since I started. It's been a testing ground for me learning how to do events, scripts and all that, so it's been a bit slow actually completing it.

It won't be released commercially, as a lot of the graphics and music I'm using are non-com only.

Right now, I'm trying to nail down the battle system. I'm using Yanfly's Visual Battlers. I've been experimenting with Theo's Sideview Battle System, but I can't get it to work for me. I'd also like to work out a proper Dragoon-style Jump attack. Also, going to look into Tsukihime's party management system to try multiple parties who convene together later on.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know if I'll release a game in 2015, but I'm planning to have at least a reasonably long beta done before 2015 is over.   That's my goal.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unless an unexpected event comes up, I should be able to finally release my game this year.

After a year and a half now, it's about time to wrap it up :)

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My plan is to release the demo for XIX at the end of January/start of February and then use feedback from that to develop the full game. The plan for the demo is for it to be it's own thing separate from the full game and to act as a prequel of sorts. I've settled on most aspects of the game so right now I'm re-mapping to cater for the Tactical Battle System I'm using and trying to introduce content that isn't just battles or exploration. I may encounter some problems once I move on to the full game as I need to find a suitable crafting script to use with the skill equip system but I've not seen any so far that would be of any use.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to release Orange Season in April, and then keep updating it with more quests and conversations for the rest of the year.

I also want to start a new project after that, and I still don't know how much time I'll need for that game, but I want to be at least 50% done by the end of 2015.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Challenge accepted.

I have been working on an RPG Maker Game called Galactic 123. More info here:

Galactic 123 - New RPG Maker game For July 2015.

The Alliance of Planets learned of a conspiracy in a border planet. They sent a starship and its crew to investigate.  Halfway through, near a neutral planet, the starship is sabotaged and some crewmembers misteriously leave. This will pit a group of unlikely heroes towards many challenges.  Expected release date: July 2015.    

Planned features:

- No random enemy encounters. All enemies visible on map.

- Crafting (at some point player will be able to mix items to get new items)

- 8 Playable characters

- 1 Optional Town that can be customized to players taste

- 4 Planets

More details http://galactic123.com/rpg/

There is also some "DogeCoin" theme. DogeCoin is a coin kinda similar to Bitcoin and some guys in the DogeCoin community gave me some coins to feature something about it (in case you wonder what is the yellow character)

Screenshots:

rpgsshot1.jpg

rpgsshot2.jpg

rpgsshot3.jpg

rpgsshot4.jpg

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
If all goes well, and I get more free time than I expect to have, I'm hoping to finish The Egg and Divine Throne also this year... Both will probably be visual novels..

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dimi's Log #1

First Day at Sea

"Voyage has begun. I have a name in my mind for my ship but I don't know if I will use it."

"Already completed the first area maps and working on intro scene. Things got complicated early on but thank Poseidon our ship did not sink. She is a strong lady." "The two main characters are ready to do my bidding. They are good lads, though they have made a few wrong decisions in their lives."

"No music on deck. Our fiddler is bedridden with fever. Doc said he'll recover but it will take him a few days. I hope so, his music will raise the spirits."

"I hope we have an uneventful journey though my experience tells me that's wishful thinking..."

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ooh! Can I join? I realize we are three days in, but that still leaves 362 days in which to make a game, plus about 8 hours of this one (in my time zone). Hopefully I didn't miss the boat.

Danteus

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Count me in. I just started a side project game this morning that I might be able to push out fairly quickly (it won't need a lot of plot, but need tons of very tedious eventing).

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm definitely planning to release a small game this year... if my chronical scope creep doesn't act up. But It'll be quite a while, before I start posting it here, I believe.

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I plan to release something this year, even if it's just a small game. This seems like a great idea and incentive!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Errr.....

I did finish something early on 2015 just now, but it is just not enough (not fast enough and not good enough).

I hope by the end of 2015 I would have finished another 12 short games! :D (impossible at this rate though).

On my third project now. See if I can finish it before mid feb 2015~~

challenge accepted and accepted again I guess? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Metronome Upload it so we can play it! Also, giati re palhkare exeis photo apo to Karma?!?!?! Xaxxaxaaxaaxa!!!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
@Metronome Upload it so we can play it! Also, giati re palhkare exeis photo apo to Karma?!?!?! Xaxxaxaaxaaxa!!!
Can't understand the last sentence! LOL.

Well I am a shy one. But I did upload my games and put them into my website(signature below).

Word of caution: those two games in my signature are the only games I have ever made. Don't expect too much~~it could disappoint you badly.

Hope I can make better (and better) game faster (and even faster)in my next 2015 projects!

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol! Your signature has some pictures between your site and the Apostles and those pics are from a Greek tv show, so I thought you were Greek! And I wanted to know whywhywhy you have them on your signature!

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol! Your signature has some pictures between your site and the Apostles and those pics are from a Greek tv show, so I thought you were Greek! And I wanted to know whywhywhy you have them on your signature!
Indeed.

Mallon kana adware sto signature 8a efage! :p

Translating: Probably you got a nasty nasty adware in your signature man!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Seriously?

Greek tv show??

I didn't see it here.....how weird!

Let me check

@dreadshadow

adware in my signature?

how do I delete that?

oh damn...

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This starts to look funny. TEMPORARY LINK. Take a look!

-Deleted that-

Edit: Do you monetized your blog or something with ads?

It looks like that or, your blog has something strange in it.

Or your signature.

I actually got no idea.

It is a media player classics ad with Karma series episodes ripped from a greek tv channel. LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 2 years of writing, planning and outlining I finally finished the first draft of my first book in its entirety! I'll admit I got a little lazy with some of the word and description on those last 10 pages but that what 2and and 3rd drafts are forrrr, now after 20 hours of no sleep imma nap for 2 hours before my kid wakes me up to try and play.
Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ndieminstitute05