Release a Game in 2015 Challenge

markjacks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just can resist as well. It won't hurt to get involved too. 

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
14/1/15 Progress

- Default attack command is now gone, player now selects which body part to target. Different enemies have different resistances, zombies for example would be weak to headshots but resist body shots. Started to balance the battle difficulty to account for the change.

- AP System, similar to FFIX was introduced, equipment now grants skills that can be learned permanently by defeating enemies.

- Stat Points are now gained on level up and can be used to improve the party's stats

- Finished all mapping for the demo, now focusing on story events and dialogue.

- Full game now runs the TBS. Need to adjust some visual elements.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update #01

Didn't get nearly as much work done as I had intended due to a combination of laziness and Skyrim (Took me about two days to mod the game with what I wanted)

What's Completed
Message System
The message system is designed to visually appear like those found in visual novels. While is has the ability to save mid message, I haven't tested the game enough to see how stable it is.
It supports all the original text codes and provides an easy to use setup for portraits, non portrait NPCs, and expressions.

What's In Progress

Procedurally Generated Equipment
A test build of this was ran successfully and now I'm currently working on implementing the fool product. Using an (obviously) predefined table that contains all of the effects, Weapons and Armors will generate equipment with random properties based on varying factors.

Equipment Modification
Working alongside the randomization system, Equipment have subslots that can be filled with varying effects and abilities similar to Final Fantasy X

The Difficulty System
Mostly on paper at this point but my game uses a dual layered difficulty system that affects Enemy AI and their stats. The AI Difficulty affects the behaviour of enemies in game, changing what skills they have available. The Battle Difficulty affects the enemies stats, ranging from "Picnic, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Brutal".

The Battle System
While mostly complete, the game uses the older variant of the Etrian Oddysey battle system where only actors have rows. The battles themselves are still in a design phase experimenting with random designs for skills and tactics. Even though it's a menu based battle system, I'm trying to make it as quick as possible without making it a boring chore.

Damage Formula Script
I have a custom written script that handles damage formulas, creating default settings for skills and the ability to create specialized formula's for certain skills.

Screenshots (Links to Google Drive, need to setup a proper image sharing account)

Simple stuff that doesn't really do much of anything, just shows stuff off.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dqj-ZR7Yg6d3gyMmN6SlZiMGM&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dqj-ZR7Yg6U1ktaWowbVNnZHc&authuser=0

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well, my update?

Basically trying to iron out the investigation portions of the game, as well as trying not to get bored with mapping out the first big city of the game.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
COUNT ME IN for Tale of the Cursed Lantern!

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just finished the back end (daily variable/switch changes and interactions) of my orchard system, took quite a bit more work than I thought. I made it so the trees can have ailments and not taking care of them or not keeping them properly watered (I have it set up so they shouldn't need water all that often) will reduce the length of the harvest for that tree. And the trees don't turn autumn colors until harvest (in fall) is over.

Players will "talk" to trees to to see what, if anything, is affecting them or if they need water, though now that I think about that I may change that to having an NPC helper that would tell the player which trees need attention, would probably be easier for me and less tedious for players...best of both worlds.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll try this challenge, with my current WIP:

"Darkness Rises"

An ambitious and powerful necromancer cast a potent Obliterate spell, turning miles of lush grassland into arid wastes, and turning thousands of powerful knights and clerics into dried skeletons.  But, a small fraction of the spell backfired, turning the necromancer, Tilamga and his right-hand Dark Knight Raelos into undead.

They awaken 300 years later, deep in a sealed crypt, in the center of the desert which they brought forth.

So now they start again, at greatly reduced power from their life, resuming their sinister ways.  But, now they must be subtle, until their dark power grows and they can openly do battle against the descendants of those who put them there.

Basically, my concept is you Play As the Villains.  The Villains truly think what they are doing is right, no matter WHAT the cost in lives to bring it about.  So you could view them as very dark anti-heroes, perhaps.

Later in the game, you even do battle against Adventurer Parties who are weaker but (if I set up the combat right) work together to bring you down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodfella

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is probably the rpg maker game I'm most looking forward too. If it's as good as it looks it'll be a great game.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
This looks pretty fun. I normally don't talk about the games I make on this forum, but I have high hopes for my current game I'm working on right now, Flip Dimensions, which can be seen through my sig.

It's not that ambitious of a project, but it's something I can't wait to see finished.

I can't really post any updates yet since it's all in my Update log, so it would just be silly. But I'll be sure to post my progress on here for now on. Looking at other people working on there projects should give me the motivation I need.

Danteus

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update! No matter how much I have tried I can't seem to keep myself working on just one project. As a result I have made real progress on two of my games, and wasted a bunch of time on a few side projects that I will probably scrap...

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update #02

Didn't get nearly as much work done as I had intended due to a combination of laziness and Skyrim (Took me about two days to mod the game with what I wanted)

Just bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and got hooked on a couple of phone app games...

Yeah, got a chunk of work done though, I basically have to plug everything into the game now.

What's Completed
Message System
The message system is designed to visually appear like those found in visual novels. While is has the ability to save mid message, I haven't tested the game enough to see how stable it is.
It supports all the original text codes and provides an easy to use setup for portraits, non portrait NPCs, and expressions.

Procedurally Generated Equipment

Equipment is successfully generated randomly aside from a few visual issues. I'll likely have to include a guide/book in game just so players know exactly what does what since some effects aren't displayed in game.

Equipment Modification

This is working flawlessly as well, aside from having to code everything in. Weapons have a randomly generated number of slots for extending and a set number of slots for Sub Abilities. Still working on what goes where at the moment, but everything thus far is working as intended.

Damage Formula Script
I have finished my custom damage formula's script for my game, making them more akin to Persona 4 formula wise.

Weapons each have their own unique base power modifier that's added into the physical skills damage formula while magical skills have their own unique settings.

I have about six common damage formula's with unique formula's for a handful of skills and healing, each using a power scale setup that changes it's overall power. Unique to Actors is that their damage scales with there level whereas enemies don't have level scaling formulas.

Other

Added in a few cosmetic scripts as well as some scripts that expands the functionality of status effects and skills.

What's In Progress

The Difficulty System
Haven't done much work around it this time.

The Battle System
Haven't done much work on it this time.

Screenshots

Shows off the message system, and some aspects of equipment modding (The Sub Abilities portion)

Equipment Modding 1.pngEquipment Modding 2.pngEquipment Modding 3.pngEquipment Modding 4.pngEquipment Modding 5.pngMessageSystemA.pngSkill Window Battle 1 (WIP).png
Yes some of it is in japanese, I haven't gotten around to translating it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Just curious, why are passives selectable in battle?

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't gotten around to setting skill types for most of the skills, Right now everything is basically sitting in the physical command.

The Command itself is there because I was testing something with another project and just basically ported everything from that project,

The Actual Commands will be Techniques, Arts, and Ability, and Items. Guard and Attack will be completely removed, and Defensive Skills will be inside the Ability Pool

Keniisu

YouTuber
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! BD I will try my best to get my game out by Late 2015.

Also I'll post updates on my thread more often.. (Every other day or so..)

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Challenge Accepted. YANTH needs to finish this year no matter what, preferably in the first half.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Challenge Accepted. YANTH needs to finish this year no matter what, preferably in the first half.
I gotta get my game up too before Valve takes out Pitchforks.

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"The Vendor: Super Duper Extended Edition or Whatever" has to be released this year, and preferably within the first half of it. Welp, so much to do!

Good luck everyone; let's make 2015 one helluva year for RM games!

CzarSquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did it? I didn't realize this challenge existed until after checking here today. That was one of the reasons for making Friend. I have another game I'd like to finish by the end of this year but I doubt it will be done by then.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How's everyone's progress? Mine is...awful, though I think that is because I've been stalled on how to make the maps. Hopefully soon.

Peridot Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm in for this - didn't realise that I hadn't already posted in the thread  :p

This will be the kick in the pants that I need to actually get going properly on The Valley.  Started it (supposedly) in January and have only made 2 blog posts about it so far  >:(

Time to actually get a bit more motivated and crack on with it.  If I can stop feeling burnt-out from work every time I go home, because that's stopping me from logging in and actually doing some work on my game.

Only real update is that I have a very basic character selection done.  On to the rest of the game now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daiomed