Release Game For IOS (Iphone) = App Store

Nebula 480

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't been able to find any links or specific help on the forum that addresses ISO release and selling the game on the app store. I know that in order to release on the app store, one must have an Apple Developer account which is $100 a year which is reasonable for if the game sells after proper marketing, the investment can be returned. I know one must have a P12 license which I get from apple but is this even possible? I see a lot of articles on Android-Google store release but nothing about apple. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've used previous RPG makers from their series but I want to invest in RPG Maker MV so I can build a game with the specific intention of selling the game on the app store. Is this possible?

Hope to hear back :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have posted this in the VN Maker forum, not the MV one. The proper place for this, however, is in the forum 'Commercial RPGMaker Discussion' which you will not be able to see at the moment as you do not have enough posts. I will need to check out if there is an alternative location for this before it is approved.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be done and it has been done before - the reason why you rarely see an iOS-release is an additional requirement that you missed so far: you also need to use/own a MacOS computer, and people working on Windows-PCs rarely purchase an additional Mac-Computer just to release their game on the Applestore.

The problem is that the final conversion program (the equivalent to the Intel XDK or Crosswalk-programs) exists only for MacOS. You simply can't convert the export package from MV into an iOS-app and upload it to the applestore without using a MacOS computer.
However, you don't have to own that computer - if you can find someone where you can work that final conversion for you then you can also proceed.

Nebula 480

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be done and it has been done before - the reason why you rarely see an iOS-release is an additional requirement that you missed so far: you also need to use/own a MacOS computer, and people working on Windows-PCs rarely purchase an additional Mac-Computer just to release their game on the Applestore.

The problem is that the final conversion program (the equivalent to the Intel XDK or Crosswalk-programs) exists only for MacOS. You simply can't convert the export package from MV into an iOS-app and upload it to the applestore without using a MacOS computer.
However, you don't have to own that computer - if you can find someone where you can work that final conversion for you then you can also proceed.

I'm currently on windows 7 but I have a Macbook pro that I acquired in 2009. Its kind of old. Would that work? When you say I have to use a Mac computer, do you mean I can build it on windows RPG Maker Mv, render it, move the file to Mac, then release from there? Or would I need to build it on RPG Maker Mv for Mac? If its the second, I don't mind purchasing the software to work on it from Mac as I'm very familiar with the Rpg Maker tool set. I just want to know that I'm investing my money correctly. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it doesn't matter where you develop the game - that part is interchangable.
The difference starts with deployment.

If you deploy to MacOS while being on a Windows computer, you might have to modify some access rights on the resulting app before it can run on MacOS, simply because MacOS has a different way to handle restrictions and you can't set all properties from the Windows side.

However, if you deploy to iOS, then you have to convert the resulting file before it can be run - similiar as to how you have to use crosswalk to convert the deployment file into an apk for android.
But that specific program for conversion (the equivalent of the crosswalk or Intel XDK conversion step in the creation of android APK) can only be run on MacOS, that program simply doesn't exist for Windows.

jon199021

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But that specific program for conversion (the equivalent of the crosswalk or Intel XDK conversion step in the creation of android APK) can only be run on MacOS, that program simply doesn't exist for Windows.
Apologies for the slight grave-bump, but I was hoping to know what the name of the necessary program is so I could get started :)
Every post I've been able to dig up just seems to be super ambiguous saying "the specific program" or "the program on Mac OS" instead of mentioning that actual name of the program.

Would love to get some help with this!

EDIT: I am guessing it is XCode? Not sure though!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Correct. XCode is the program you use for uploading iOS apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

//peeks out from behind some bushes
Psst! Psst!
//waits for everyone to gather...
I saw it! I saw it!
//looks around conspiratorially then leans over and whispers
Galv updated a plugin!
:rheh:
No sudden moves, we don't want to scare him off. :kaoback:
Quick someone setup a Patron trap while we distract him. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urotsuki