Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your supports :)  !

Please don't do isometric support like GTBS. It's completely bugged and worthless. Remain in MV visual.

If I ever attempt isometric support, it'll be at the very end !

Version 0.2:

-The Item command is functional

-Added custom move scopes and options as promised in the doc

-I downgraded the turn order visual for now to fix some bugs. I'll work on a stable version later.

-Added a new option for turn order: "fair repartition".

The order is still dependent on agility.

vUGqN4S.png

-Status window is updated when a target is selected

-There's now a help window. Status window is shifted if needed.

Doc' updated.

Demo updated.

I want to make some videos but I think my computer is at his limits...

By the way, I made a cool sequence for the skill Super Rush ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀). For the curious try it with that setup:

g7nJbwp.png

Now the next things to do:

-Projectiles

-Fix custom scopes bug (obstacles are always ignored) and release the tool

-Battlers and obstacles summoning

-Finalize tile effects

-Map marks system. Basically it's like tile effects that can be droped on the ground. For exemple

the priest can land a mark on the map that regenerate allies when they are on it.

And after that:

-CTB effects like charge skill, altering turn order, ect

-AI !

Last edited by a moderator:

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I admire you. I'll follow this project with great interest.

Please don't do isometric support like GTBS. It's completely bugged and worthless. Remain in MV visual.
I also suggest not to focus on unnecessary frills (like the side-view animation) and doing bugfixing with great attention.
GTBS is buggy and difficult to tame. I had a lot of difficulty to release a decent game, but I had to give up a lot of things, because the script continued to crash.
So my advice is don't inspire to it.

Good Luck!

I preferred GTBS 2.3 over 2.4, and didn't have trouble with it. LME (the iso engine) was a little buggy only because the engine was slower, and didn't always use it, and GubiD was working on elevation control. I never used the side-battle view, and was the first thing I removed from the script. I've actually added scripts to it. It was a long manual to learn, true. You actually had to read the script to learn the notes, but not many gave it the time they needed to learn it because it wasn't plug'n'play. If it didn't work for you, it's because you failed.

That said; I will use GTBS for ACE because it there. This is MV.

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I preferred GTBS 2.3 over 2.4, and didn't have trouble with it. LME (the iso engine) was a little buggy only because the engine was slower, and didn't always use it, and GubiD was working on elevation control. I never used the side-battle view, and was the first thing I removed from the script. I've actually added scripts to it. It was a long manual to learn, true. You actually had to read the script to learn the notes, but not many gave it the time they needed to learn it because it wasn't plug'n'play. If it didn't work for you, it's because you failed.

That said; I will use GTBS for ACE because it there. This is MV.

I removed them too, 'cause they are worthless.

No one was looking for a script plug and play. But deal with so many compromises to make the game playable, it was not a nice experience.
AI is the major problem. Enemies don't heal themself (no matter what do you set AI), you can not give them complex AoE as otherwise they spend hours to decide what to do, if the enemy was poisoned the game crashed, they can't start for first the battle cause the time they employ to choose what to do ...
I assure that I have read carefully the documentation, i learned all, before the site disappeared and the support ceased. GTBS works, if you delete all the frills and stay on a real basic gameplay using advantaged enemies that don't attack first. Of course I failed at IGMC, but my game Bloody Repression (in signature) is the best you can do with the GTBS.

That is why I trust in Lecode, knowing the mistakes of the past, you can avoide them in the future. Isometric is not needed, frills are not needed.
What you need is a smart AI, because there can not be tactic with a stupid enemy.

Anyway good job, Lecode. Gradually, It's becoming cool. Keep it up!

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I never experienced the poisoning crash, and setting healing spells took more programming in the script. You had to activate team targeting and "Ally target only" for heals, and use the "team" tactics, which I tweaked. I had more a problem with my allies healing enemies then allies healing allies. 2.4 does have a glitch that for whatever reason the enemy wont attack, so I use it as a turtorial battle. If you need help with something, I can try to help you with it.

At any rate, this is looking good here. Playing around with some various settings.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for creating this system- it's something I've been hoping to see for a while. I shall follow this with great interest!

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Maus Merryjest: Thanks :) .

I'm currently busy with some stuff, that's why there is no update since a while.
As soon as I'm free I'll resume the development. I'm excited on working on the AI and maybe I'll release that feature the next time, instead of what I planned...

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
I need this as much as i need O2 :v

myew

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
First of all, Great job!

i used to play a 2.0 tactic game which is great fun.

The basic is:

1) it Auto Battle. Character will walk toward it preset target e.g Highest HP, Lowest HP, High Agility etc.

2) Character skill is random. Base on eg. random 1-10, if 1-5, Normal att. if 6-8, Magic Att, if 9-10 heal etc.

2.0 can be attractive. for eg, when the ally reach the enemy, it can have a 1 turn side view event. After the ally att or enemy counter, it end the side view battle n go back to the 2.0

wow... i eagerly waiting for wat u going to implement next....

Cheers

hahahohohiho

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
The menu is so badly feel loose top to bottom

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 0.3:

-Mouse/Touch support

-Prototype of the projectiles system
-Prototype of the AI:
The AI system is working by reading behavior patterns. For now there is only one main behavior: attack.
So they can't use support skills, heal, revive, movement skills, ect.
They also don't consider tile effects for now.
A behavior is defined by a list of commands. So, you'll be able to create custome behaviors for special enemies or bosses:

"attack": [
"wait: 5",
"if: canUseOffense()",
"call_behavior: use_offense",
"else",
"call_behavior: cant_use_offense",
"endif",
"wait: 5",
"pass: look_closest_enemy"
],

"use_offense": [
"if: chance(70)",
"search_target: lowest_enemy, 100%",
"else",
"search_target: closest_enemy, 100%",
"endif",
"if: isTargetValid()",
"set_action: damage, average",
"if: !battlerInRange('defined_target','defined_action')",
"move_for_action: null",
"endif",
"use: defined_action",
"call_behavior: after_offense",
"else",
"move: toward_enemies, 100%",
"endif"
],

"cant_use_offense": [
"if: failureCode() === 'out_of_range'",
"if: chance(40)",
"move: toward_enemies, 80%",
"else",
"move: toward_enemies, 100%",
"endif",
"else",
"move: away_enemies, 100%",
"endif"
],

"after_offense": [
"if: !isInMeleeWith('defined_target')",
"script: console.log('not in melee');",
"move: away_enemies, 50%",
"endif"
]

-Fixed a bug and improved the Turn Order Visual Version A (still not satisfied with it but it's not a priority)
-85% of the tile effects and marks system
-Fixed a bug with the line of sight

I'll not update the doc for now since there are just prototypes.

Here is a demonstration video of the current system:

Starting from now, I'll make some videos to showcase my TBS features. The next update will complete the tile and marks effects,

and I'll make a video to showcase it.

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Mouse support also implies touch support? Is it correct?
Anyway you are working well. Keep it up!

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yup, touch support :)

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
Awesome! is possible to use nomal battle, i want to make something like Project X Zone

Video: go to 9:29

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love dofus (and Wakfu) battle system this is so cool, would Visual equipment system work with this? 

Dumeka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Any News or updates? :)

Would love to be able to use this System in my Project!

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really impressive. I love every single bit about it so far. I'd say it's basically usable for a project already, haha. Is there anything we can do to help you out or keep you motivated?

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome! is possible to use nomal battle, i want to make something like Project X Zone

Video: go to 9:29

It's not planned at all.

Any News or updates? :)

Would love to be able to use this System in my Project!

I don't have much time for this right now :/.

The last time I was working on it I was looking for pretty 4-dir animated battlers to make the next video more appealing and to finish the animated battler feature,

but I can't find any interesting one. I'll probably end up with ripped zelda battlers or MogHunter's XaS battlers... ~_~

This is really impressive. I love every single bit about it so far. I'd say it's basically usable for a project already, haha. Is there anything we can do to help you out or keep you motivated?

Hm If someone can find pretty 4-dir animated battlers with at least idle, walk and attack motions, please let me know !

xCanopYx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
norwegian
Primarily Uses
It's not planned at all.

I don't have much time for this right now :/.

The last time I was working on it I was looking for pretty 4-dir animated battlers to make the next video more appealing and to finish the animated battler feature,

but I can't find any interesting one. I'll probably end up with ripped zelda battlers or MogHunter's XaS battlers... ~_~

Hm If someone can find pretty 4-dir animated battlers with at least idle, walk and attack motions, please let me know !

http://www.pioneervalleygames.com/free-resources.html here are some with side view, top down, 4 and 8 frames

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Lecode, how do you deal with each enemy event battle stats? I ask this because Yanfly had release his YEP 113 Self Variables and though it could help you out on figuring/simplifying your engine innerworkings.

It is looking really great. Keep up the good work!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soounreal