(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Pine Towers.

Enemies aren't events but entities who are linked to a battler and a visual - graphic. The stats of an entity is dependent to the battler who is linked to it.

I don't use the Game_Event class for that. So there is no problem.

But thanks for your input it can be usefull for genuine events in battle, who knows. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the matter of actually posting something useful, just a few suggestions that may or may not help / give you some ideas:

• Units that are larger than a single space / occupy multiple.
  • Different win or loose objectives. (Rout the enemy, seize a certain point on the map, Kill a certain enemy, Stopping an enemy before they escape, hold out that many turns, Capture the Flag (Basically Seize, then Seize back at your own base.)
  • Enemy Reinforcements
  • Terrain Effects (For example, standing on certain marked tiles gives you a small boost to dodge / damage / def or something like that. Could be through region ids that are setup in the plugin maybe?)
  • Combat Events
  • Dialogue when battling / attacking an enemy
  • "Supporting" other units / Just rescueing them (picking them up). The fire emblem series allowed for units to "join" or "pick up" other units on the same space, giving them a percentage of their stats and keeping them out of harm ways. Effectively, you could pick up weak units with a stronger one, to save them from the attacks of enemies.
  • Neutral Units, Neutral AI (Having their own goal.)
  • Team Attacks (Kinda plays into the support one, but characters that stand adjacent to each other could chain their attacks on a single target in the Fire Emblem series. That however seems a little difficult with how many AoE attacks and range there is, so feel free to ignore it.)
  • Before confirming an attack, predictions on how much damage it might deal.
  • Apart from the agility based orders, "all enemy" - "all ally" kind of turns. As in, make all actions of allies in whatever order, then it's the enemies turn.

I'm terribly sorry if any of those are already possible - I just wrote down everything that came to mind and wouldn't seem like a waste of your time for "nothing". (As you refused earlier for example, height differences as seen in tactics would be a tremendous amount of work. At least I'm guessing they'd be, so I'm glad you turned it down for now and look at it after release.) Also, these really are just suggestions - nothing more. If you like any of them I'd be glad to see them in the system, if not, well, that's fine.

Thanks for taking your time to read through this, I hope you got some ideas! 

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Units that are larger than a single space / occupy multiple.
It's planned.

• Different win or loose objectives. (Rout the enemy, seize a certain point on the map, Kill a certain enemy, Stopping an enemy before they escape, hold out that many turns, Capture the Flag (Basically Seize, then Seize back at your own base.)
  • Enemy Reinforcements
Planned too but much more later. They will be added as add-ons.

Terrain Effects (For example, standing on certain marked tiles gives you a small boost to dodge / damage / def or something like that. Could be through region ids that are setup in the plugin maybe?)
Already implemented. And there are more then that, see my latest video.

Neutral Units, Neutral AI (Having their own goal.)
This is a good idea !

• Team Attacks (Kinda plays into the support one, but characters that stand adjacent to each other could chain their attacks on a single target in the Fire Emblem series. That however seems a little difficult with how many AoE attacks and range there is, so feel free to ignore it.)
Yeah I want to implement co-op features but much² more later.

• Before confirming an attack, predictions on how much damage it might deal.
Why not...But that's not for now ^^.

Apart from the agility based orders, "all enemy" - "all ally" kind of turns. As in, make all actions of allies in whatever order, then it's the enemies turn.
This is already possible.

Thanks for the suggestions !

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, a shame that win/loose conditions will come way later, but glad you like them / had them planned already! 

Looking forward to a fantastic plugin. 

I remember from using Gubids, that there were problems with enemies that are way far away. For example, they took too long for their turn idling before "waiting" and didn't approach at all. Does your AI allow for enemies skipping their turn when they can't do anything / approaching enemies no matter how far away?

Again, if there's any way we can help you make progress and somehow simplify the process a little, just say the word. I haven't found any of the character sprites you were looking for - but I'm sure there's other things as well, right?

lance789

lance789
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
I really love that this exists as im trying to create a game thats similar in mechanics to what Fire emblem is using. I've been playing around with the project provided here but im confused as to how im to make it work.

What i've done why trying to figure this thing out:

1. I've created a new map using default size (MAP003).
  2. Added a bunch of randomly placed enemy and ally event tiles.
  3. Added 3 additional troops to MAP003 (1 slime, 1 orc, 1 minotaur).
  4. Copied Bat event from MAP002 to MAP003.
  5. Edited Bat even to include Battle Processing for slime, orc, and minotaur.
  6. Added an additional ally with note "<letbs_move_points:4>" (no quotations).

Though when i run the map, this is what happens (after selecting new game):

1. Ally and enemy event tiles show.
  2. No enemy troops spawn at all.
  3. Can place Allies in ANY of the ally tiles (this is great).
  4. Can only place the first 4 default heroes (wont allow placement of any other heroes other than the first 4).
  5. Does ask to finalize Ally placement (i haven't checked to see what would happen if i select NO, sorry).
  6. Game immediately crashes at this point.

Do you have any plans on including a tutorial on how to properly use the system for it's final or usable release? 

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks terrific, keep up the great work!

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you have any plans on including a tutorial on how to properly use the system for it's final or usable release? 
I have written a documentation. But it isn't complete since the system itself isn't complete ^^.

Thanks for reporting these issues, looks like they are due to map encounters.

I'll update the TBS this week with the completion of the terrain effects, marks and a new feature: auras :'D.

Battlers configurations support will also be complete.

I'll also revisite all the tags to keep at the end an unique one for easy configuration.

After that I'll ensure that the system is at least fully playable with a correct AI. And then I'll start improving current features and releasing add-ons.

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Definietly need to follow this, this seems to be the first Battle System that would have a good point of Touch Support...

Puebeck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya Lecode!

I've been playing around with your script for a bit and there are some things that would make my game even more awesome.

- Friendly fire: adds a lot of strategic depth to a combat situation.

- Configurable selection menu in combat: although the current one works really neat, something like the rotation menu I've seen on the forums... Wait, i'll try combining the two, who knows xD

- terrain effects: you said you'd add it, but what I had in mind is things such as flight,swimming and lavastep to step on sky, water or lava tiles, for example. Make these tiles inaccessible unless the correct skill is learned

- Also, since you can increase movement range in combat, is it also possible to increase the range of a weapon (given that it is a ranged weapon)?

These are some suggestions, although if they're already possible, please tell me!

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
- Friendly fire: adds a lot of strategic depth to a combat situation.
Allies in aoes are damaged too. Depending of the command you use in the sequences. But by default they are

targeted too. I haven't talked about sequences in the doc' yet but you can take a look in the config file.

- Configurable selection menu in combat: although the current one works really neat, something like the rotation menu I've seen on the forums... Wait, i'll try combining the two, who knows xD
Maybe I'll add some add-ons for the selection menu but I want to let that to makers. I can't make all possible menus to satisfy everyone ^^.

- terrain effects: you said you'd add it, but what I had in mind is things such as flight,swimming and lavastep to step on sky, water or lava tiles, for example. Make these tiles inaccessible unless the correct skill is learned
Ho if you're talking about that, yes it's planned !

- Also, since you can increase movement range in combat, is it also possible to increase the range of a weapon (given that it is a ranged weapon)?
Yes but now it's not implemented. By the way, altering move points is bugged in battle too. Working MP / range alterations is coming :).

Currently I'm working on the system and although I'll not upload what I planned for today, I made great progress on sprites animations.

I'm using ripped seiken densetsu 3 sprites. It was so time consuming to crop / edit / assemble them D: but I'm proud of the result.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Each time I initiate a battle and try to set up my 3rd party member, the engine crashes. I can exit out of Steam and the editor, but the playtesting window STILL PLAYS, but frozen. I can't EXIT out the window at all. I have to restart my computer to shut out the window.

I don't get any KNOWN ERROR. Nothing tells me what's wrong. Even after I open my console.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Each time I initiate a battle and try to set up my 3rd party member, the engine crashes. I can exit out of Steam and the editor, but the playtesting window STILL PLAYS, but frozen. I can't EXIT out the window at all. I have to restart my computer to shut out the window.

I don't get any KNOWN ERROR. Nothing tells me what's wrong. Even after I open my console.

I might have the same issue as you have. I could play test the demo just fine until I updated my MV to version 1.3.1. Now when I play test in "windowed" mode it works but if I go into "fullscreen" it will freeze up after placing my third character. I have to force close the program with ctrl+alt+delete.  

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like it's related to the new versions 1.3+. This reminds me that I didn't updated the project.

Thanks for reporting that, I'll see what's wrong.

Bernard693

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Few days ago, I was looking for a battle system like FE. Today, I saw this and I most say that it is quite impressive, I really hope you will be able to bring this to the end. I have try it and have not see any bugs.

cass46

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there some type of prediction date to inform us when will this be ready? 

Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
Code:
A great job !

You will add the LeTBS_AeoCreator the next time so that we can test ?

And also tell us how to create new enemies , allies and add neutral.

Code:
When you put a new version to test?

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
And also tell us how to create new enemies , allies and add neutral.
It's in the doc. It'll be complete once I release the system :).

You will add the LeTBS_AeoCreator the next time so that we can test ?
Probably not the next time. I wanted to release it sooner but I have noticed that because of the lib I'm using - Qt, I'll need to share the sources as well, and I'm not ready to do that.

So I'll need to create a new tool with a new framework.

Is there some type of prediction date to inform us when will this be ready? 
I'm not sure. But I'll release it in the second update, the 0.5 version.

Currently I'm on 0.4, which supports custom sprites although I haven't uploaded the files because I noticed a bug in the AI - and haven't found the time to fix it yet.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Damn, I literally screamed in excitement when I saw this. I absolutely loved Tactical Battle Systems, and this here today, made my day.

I can't wait to test out the demo. I'll be reading this thread religiously from now on. ^_^

Edit: Holy s**t. I read the OP and saw that you based this off Dofus/Wakfu's TBS (arguably the best TBS system to exist currently). My expectations have just flown through the roof.

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I also know it's based on Dofus / Wakfu, I know we're in for something amazing. I absolutely adore the series and still think it has one of the best battle systems in any MMO. Expecting great things from you!

(Does this mean we'll also get pushing/pulling/teleporting, summoning and delayed effects / whatnot?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started to paint again after it didn't fit my female character. (I really intend to draw women)

I was more focused on female characters than men.

Score Rundown for the demo I'm trying to get done before Halloween, Or around it. Ending is based on your score currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoLightningProductions