Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Relics' Legacy

Synopsis :
Relics' Legacy is a classical RPG taking place in a medieval/fantasy world.
You will lead a party of 2 actors (2 during the demo which is the 1st chapter and 4 others will join you later in the story) with different classes and abilities.
You'll need to earn experience, job points and gold through battles, learn skills and buy new equipments to defeat stronger monsters and bosses.
You can find, at a very low rate, monster spirits. Each spirit is unique and can augment a slotted equipment. Try to loot them and see what they can do.

Alongside the main story, you'll be able to complete Board Quests too and win prizes (collect, kill, etc).

Storyline :
Follow the story of Elliot, a young man overprotected by his mother. Elliot wishes to become the greatest Mage ever and is training in secret with his forever friend Noah.

But fate has other projects for him...

What's this strange tattoo under his eye ? Why does he hear the voice of ancient heroes ? Why the Holy Church is investigating on the Shimmering Island ?

So many question but no answer... Discover what will happen to him in this prolog.

Characters :
- Elliot is a young mage and wishes to become more than this. He wants more independance, more freedom but his mother is overprotecting him. He's using basic elemental magic.

- Noah is training to become a travelling merchant. He's using axes to defeat his foes and has some knowledge in pharmacy. You can turn him in either a damage dealer or a support.

Screenshots :

titlescreen.PNG

Welcome in Moonbright !
Moonbright_reworked.png

Explore a strange cave
Hinter_Hollow-wagon.PNG

World, settings and so on :

You'll start your journey in the village of Moonbright, on the Shimmering Island. Some recent events have made your world, Hearss, in danger. Save it, you have no time !

The combat system is a classical turn base battle system. You can perform actions (attack, guard, skill, use an item and escape) every turns.
You need to level up your character, buy new equipments, learn new skills.

You can save on save points or in the world map.

Augment system, loot monster spirits.

Default Controls : (can be changed in the options menu)

Left arrow, 4 (num pad) : Left direction
Right Arrow, 6 (num pad) : Right Direction
Top arrow, 8 (num pad) : Top direction
Bottom arrow, 2 (num pad) : Bottom direction
Space, Enter, Enter (num pad), Z : action, confirm
X, Insert, Escape, 0 (num pad) : Cancel, Menu
Shift (press) : Run - you can set the auto run in the options
Q, Page up : Change character
W, Pade down : Change character
S : Save menu
I : Item menu
E : Equipment menu
K : Skill menu
J : Quest journal
O : Options menu
B : Beastbook

Download and usefull links :

Itch page for download : https://pluevnr.itch.io/relics-legacy

Facebook : Relics' Legacy Facebook Page

One last word :

Hello everyone,

I'm Nico and I'm currently developping Relics' Legacy. The game is far from being over but I wanted to release the 1st chapter as soon as it would be over.

I need you, and tons of feedback so I can correct what's not going as it should be.
You can give me your feedbacks here in the comments, in the Facebook page or in the RPG Maker forum

The 1st chapter is free but you can support the development if you're interested in the game.

I hope you will enjoy that first part ! See you later :)

Nico~

Credits :

Made with RPG Maker MV ©2015 KADOKAWA CORPORATION./ YOJI OJIMA
Music and Sound : Eric Matyas (soundimage.org), Enterbrain, Kadokawa
Game Design : Haydeos, Avery, PandaMaru, whtdragon, Yanfly Engine, Fallen Angel Olivia, Enterbrain, Kadokawa
Character Design : RavenBlackbird, Hiddenone, Ækashics, PLUEVNR, Enterbrain, Kadokawa
Programming : Yanfly Engine, Fallen Angel Olivia, Moghunter, SkottyTV, 姫HimeWorks, PLUEVNR, Hudell, Chaucer, Shaz, Enterbrain, Kadokawa
Special Thanks : Maddy Neko, Remeasywin, Stfufane, RPG Maker Community and friends

Devlogs :

Devlog 1.4.0

New features :

- Emotional bubbles aboce quest NPC and merchant NPC.
- Credit page added on main title.
- New cursor.

Updates :
- All maps reworked.
- Title screen entirely reworked.
- Earth Guardian and Queen Rat sprites modified.
- Earth Guardian skills updated.
- Change de currency name.
- Several sound effect modified.
- Game icon modified.
- Normal attack animation updated.
- Game file lighten

Devlog 1.3.1

Bug fixed :

- lags due to quest window on map fixed.

Devlog 1.3.0

New features :

- the quest log is now visible on Map. You can choose which quest is active while you play in the quest journal. You can choose to remove that window in the options.
- keyboard settings is now possible. You can set any key for any action, everything is editable. You can set shortcuts for Item menu (I), Equipment menu (E), Formation menu (F), Skill menu (K), Save menu (S), Quest journal (J), Beastbook (B) - default keys in brackets.
- farmer shop. The farmer is now selling vegetables. These are healing items with less effect. Unlike the common items, you can't use them with Noah's pharmacy skills.
- treasure chests are no longer popping up a text box needing the player to press the action key. You now have a popup on the bottom right of your screen which will fade away after 4 seconds, you can continue move and play while the popup is visible.
- new map. You now have access to the Diggers' refuge in Moonbright.
- added a mine wagon in Hinter Hollow. You can cross the map and avoid tights.

Updates :
- new map updates (Moonbright, farmer's house, INN, Moonbright's chief house, Hinter Hollow). More map updates will follow in a couple weeks.
- skills renamed :
* Fire, Fire + and Fire X become Flame, Fire Ball and Flame Geyser
* Ice, Ice + and Ice X become Ice formation, Ice pick and Ice Generator
* Thunder, Thunder + and Thunder X become Sparkle, Lightning and Thunderbolt.
* Heal, Heal + and Heal X become Recovery, Cure and Heal
* Barrier becomes Shelter
* Palm Push Strike becomes Exploding Palm
* Acid Terror becomes Acid Spread
* Crazy Uproar becomes Merchant Thrill
- Queen Rat appearance modified
- Every single NPC and citizens now have a name
- Added citizens NPC in Little Rock Harbour

Bug Fixed :
- Monster description ajusted
- Thunderbolt (formerly Thunder X) animation fixed
- buffs, malus and guard turn count fixed
- daddy's request 2 objectives list fixed.

Devlog 1.2.0
Updates :

- 4 houses reworked (Elliot's house, Noah's house, weapon shop and item shop). More will be reworked soon. The game is going to be less "square shaped" and maps more detailed.
- Monster description added, still having a little bug with it but it will be fixed for the next update.
- item drop rate adjustment.

Major fix :
- equipment menu fixed.

Minor fixes :
- Monster drops are now visible in the monster book.
- Julia's skills requirements fixed

Devlog 1.1.1 :
Minor fixes :

- Noah skills' requirments fixed ;
- Julia starting level and JP raised ;
- Spelling mistakes corrected ;
- Fire X, Ice X, Thunder X, Barrier, Shell animation fixed ;
- Spirit description corrected ;
- Paralyse skill fixed.

Devlog 1.1.0 :
Features added :

- Game over Screen changed, you now can choose between coming back to the last visited INN, load a game file or going back to the title screen. To be teleported in an INN, you need to visit one first. You'll be teleported with 1 HP. ;
- sound effect on message ;
- killcount and itemcount in the Quest Journal. You no longer need to check your item or count how many monsters you have killed. Just check in the Quest log.

Minor fixes :
- First boss max HP decreased ;
- Narrow Summit monsters attack decreased ;
- Angel's Feather price decreased ;
- some quest and monster related issues fixed ;
- Monster Book updated.

Devlog 1.0.1 :
Minor fixes :

- experience table fixed
- sea sound in Little Rock Harbour fixed
- armors' description updated
- several spelling mistakes corrected

Some more features will be added soon. Thanks for the feedbacks. Keep finding issues or features not well implemented (bug, errors, spelling, assets, monsters, and so on)

Last edited:

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump !

Hello everyone, I steel need feedbacks on every features which can be criticized (story, lore, map, gameplay, menu, and so on) .

If you guys can try it, i would appreciate it very much.
Thanks ! and Happy RPG Making

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump !

Hello !
I made a lot of updates and fixes lately.

Any suggestions and feedbacks are welcomed.

Thanks !

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alrighty, I played your demo to the very end! Before I get into the feedback, is this your first project? I just like to know; it really has no impact on my impression of the game, don't worry!
  • The mapping is really nice; it gave me some ideas for my own maps! The shading is nice, the side doors and underpass walls are nice. Good job on the mapping.
  • The skill development is good; you learn one skill, and it unlocks the next 'tier' of that skill. A suggestion: you could add some text to the side box where you could put the next upgrade (if you want; this is subject to opinion. There isn't anything wrong with the current set-up)
  • Action sequences. Thank you for including that. It makes battle more interesting. More on this later...
  • The little things: Some small, quality-of-life bonuses that I noticed, and felt they added to the game. Icons above notable people/events, heal on level-up, and you tend to reward exploration with small treasure chests.
  • Grammer and spelling. I can see that English is not your first language, so some errors here are to be expected. Even native English speakers aren't perfect. Still, if you are releasing a game in English, it is always beneficial to spell-check. Google translate is a good tool, and then use any spell-check program and change the language to English. Nothing in your game was inchoerent though.
  • Character voices. None of your character really had their own 'voice'. Aurora was the closest, and I found her voice quite annoying. Flesh out the characters a bit more, give them a unique voice.
  • I won't comment on the story too much, seeing as this was a short demo and the story appears to really start at the end of the demo. Though I will say the scene at the top of the mountain was a little sudden.
  • Horrendously high encounter rate combined with less than 100% escape rate. Please, no. Allow 100% escape rate, and reduce random encounter rates.
  • In the Hinter Hollow, right after I killed 10 monsters for the quest, there was a MASSIVE lag spike. As soon as I turned the quest in, the lag vanished. I suspect you're running a parrellel event of some sorts to alter the quest window. Look into that; this lag spike was nearly the end of my playthrough because it was just so bad.
  • Your Earth Golem has way too much Health. The battle went on for so long I was begining to think 'is this even winnable, or am I supposed to lose...?'
  • Give a place for a free heal at the beginning. You need 10m to rest at the inn, or a rat tail at the tent. What if I don't have 10m, or a rat tail? It is possible to become locked at the very beginning this way.
  • Explain the 'Spirit' system. I can tell it's Yanfly's augment system (probably most MV devs can) but a quick explaination would be beneficial. You could even remove the 'Spirit' option in the Equip scene until the player obtains a Spirit stone.
  • On the Spirit system…Some spirits can only be used on armours, some on weapons. The Rat spirit is for armours, and the bat spirit for weapons. But both are listed as 'Spirit'. This is confusing. Name the weapon augments something different from the armour augments, or you risk players thinking your system is broken when they can't put a rat spirit on their weapon.
  • Give your enemies custom skills. Besides the earth golem, I saw two skills: Attack and Quick Attack. Let the wolves have 'Bite' or 'Scratch' and give the hornets 'Sting'. Simply changing the name and animation makes a huge difference. Seeing Attack all the time is boring.
  • Review your transfer events out of Moonbright. Only 3 of the tiles contain transfer events. Small thing, easy fix.
  • Increase the JP gain on monsters. I fought 3 bats and got 4 JP. Considering the cost to learn skills, the grind required is harsh.
  • Give an option to view what each reward from the village chief is after the test of courage.
  • Start Julia with a heal skill. She has enough JP to buy the heal skill, but it doesn't make sense for her to NOT have one at the start. She healed the father. Just start her with a heal skill.
Overall, this was a good demo! Keep working on the project. I see some good potential.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alrighty, I played your demo to the very end! Before I get into the feedback, is this your first project? I just like to know; it really has no impact on my impression of the game, don't worry!
  • The mapping is really nice; it gave me some ideas for my own maps! The shading is nice, the side doors and underpass walls are nice. Good job on the mapping.
  • The skill development is good; you learn one skill, and it unlocks the next 'tier' of that skill. A suggestion: you could add some text to the side box where you could put the next upgrade (if you want; this is subject to opinion. There isn't anything wrong with the current set-up)
  • Action sequences. Thank you for including that. It makes battle more interesting. More on this later...
  • The little things: Some small, quality-of-life bonuses that I noticed, and felt they added to the game. Icons above notable people/events, heal on level-up, and you tend to reward exploration with small treasure chests.
  • Grammer and spelling. I can see that English is not your first language, so some errors here are to be expected. Even native English speakers aren't perfect. Still, if you are releasing a game in English, it is always beneficial to spell-check. Google translate is a good tool, and then use any spell-check program and change the language to English. Nothing in your game was inchoerent though.
  • Character voices. None of your character really had their own 'voice'. Aurora was the closest, and I found her voice quite annoying. Flesh out the characters a bit more, give them a unique voice.
  • I won't comment on the story too much, seeing as this was a short demo and the story appears to really start at the end of the demo. Though I will say the scene at the top of the mountain was a little sudden.
  • Horrendously high encounter rate combined with less than 100% escape rate. Please, no. Allow 100% escape rate, and reduce random encounter rates.
  • In the Hinter Hollow, right after I killed 10 monsters for the quest, there was a MASSIVE lag spike. As soon as I turned the quest in, the lag vanished. I suspect you're running a parrellel event of some sorts to alter the quest window. Look into that; this lag spike was nearly the end of my playthrough because it was just so bad.
  • Your Earth Golem has way too much Health. The battle went on for so long I was begining to think 'is this even winnable, or am I supposed to lose...?'
  • Give a place for a free heal at the beginning. You need 10m to rest at the inn, or a rat tail at the tent. What if I don't have 10m, or a rat tail? It is possible to become locked at the very beginning this way.
  • Explain the 'Spirit' system. I can tell it's Yanfly's augment system (probably most MV devs can) but a quick explaination would be beneficial. You could even remove the 'Spirit' option in the Equip scene until the player obtains a Spirit stone.
  • On the Spirit system…Some spirits can only be used on armours, some on weapons. The Rat spirit is for armours, and the bat spirit for weapons. But both are listed as 'Spirit'. This is confusing. Name the weapon augments something different from the armour augments, or you risk players thinking your system is broken when they can't put a rat spirit on their weapon.
  • Give your enemies custom skills. Besides the earth golem, I saw two skills: Attack and Quick Attack. Let the wolves have 'Bite' or 'Scratch' and give the hornets 'Sting'. Simply changing the name and animation makes a huge difference. Seeing Attack all the time is boring.
  • Review your transfer events out of Moonbright. Only 3 of the tiles contain transfer events. Small thing, easy fix.
  • Increase the JP gain on monsters. I fought 3 bats and got 4 JP. Considering the cost to learn skills, the grind required is harsh.
  • Give an option to view what each reward from the village chief is after the test of courage.
  • Start Julia with a heal skill. She has enough JP to buy the heal skill, but it doesn't make sense for her to NOT have one at the start. She healed the father. Just start her with a heal skill.
Overall, this was a good demo! Keep working on the project. I see some good potential.
Hello !

Thanks for trying the demo, I really appreciate it.

So yes, it is my first project. I started with literally 0 knowledge about RPG Maker and programming so it took me some times to come this far.

• I initially released the demo with default mapping provided by the software and I felt it was ugly so I started to learn about parallax mapping. It's really nice to see that my maps are appreciated.
  • I had a lot of headaches about my learning skills system haha. So yeah, I'm pretty proud of this. I'll consider what you say about seeing what can be learnt after, it's a good idea.
  • Action Sequences, yeah... I'm not very good at it right now, I need to improve. I made some basic sequences to release the demo but some day I'll do an action sequences marathon to improve them lol
  • As a RPG gamer, I feel it's important to reward player for "losing time" to explore what has been created, I'm happy you noticed that.

• You're totally right with the spelling and grammar ^^' English is not my native language. So, thanks for pointing that out. I'll review my dialogs when I'll be bored of mapping.
  • Voices... I'm writing this on my notes.
  • About the mountain scene, I was planning to create another scene showing the vilain side but for the moment I don't have the map and the sprite of the big boss so I'm delaying this for later. I have some ideas but I know I will rework this sooner or later.
  • Somehow, I feel like sometimes, you have to fail the escape. I think I'm going to raise it a little but I'm not gonna make it 100% success. Ok for the encounter rate, it makes sense.
  • Thanks to report that lag spike, I'm going to check it out. I think it might be my custom event running in circle.
  • Ok for the Earth Guardian. I didn't want it to be too easy, I need to find the good balance.

• My brother told me something similar about the free heal, maybe at their home. So yeah, I'll surely add it.
  • There' a NPC talking about spirits but I think it's not enough, good point
  • Spirits have colours related to the equipment type. I know it's not obvious, good point again, I have to find a way to make it more obvious
  • Except the wolf, every enemies have custom skills. Maybe I should increase the use-rate
  • Ok about the transfer in Moonbright
  • I'm not sure about increasing the JP rate. At the start of the project it was higher but you had nearly all the skills without any effort. Or if I increase the JP earned, maybe I should increase the rank 2 and rank 3 skill reguirements too? Since I'll decrease the encounter rate, increasing the JP rate a little is maybe not a bad thing... I'm going to think about it. The thing is, if you learn skills too fast, you won't learn anything for a long time. There will be a change class system later in the game (like mage can choose to become an elementalist or an arcanist). well... a lot of headaches are coming lol
  • Good point about the rewards, I will add that
  • Julia with heal makes sense yes ^^'

Thanks for your review, it really helps me. Your point of view is really good and I appreciate that.

By the way, did you try the side quests? you can accept them from the bord quest in INNs.

Thanks again for playing !
See you later

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PLUEVNR
No, I kind of forgot about the side quests board! I also had a time crunch today, otherwise I probably would have wandered around and found the board again.
All my less than positive points are things that simply come with more practice - except the lag spike. I'm 95% certain it's related to a parallel event. Writing and grammar is practice, and gameplay balance is practice. You have a really good base of a game, and good skill with parallax mapping. The lag spike put aside, there weren't any game breaking bugs I could find. Everything else will come with time and practice.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot ! I'm glad to hear that.
I'll try to fix that lag.
Time to improve on the other stuffs !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Popular old italian singer be like: We will win against Coronavirus! Humanity was capable of destroying even the dinosaurs! *cry laughs*
MarioWidjaya123 wrote on kyonides's profile.

I thought they were dead, but I wanted to be certain. :kaoback:
Always kind of annoys me to see people complain about ads in their phone applications because people are too lazy to turn on airplane mode when using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sensei89