GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm unsure if i should post this here or in "Games in Development", but anyway, here's my ideas:

Minus Memory will be a 4 Player Co-op Japanese-Style Turn Based RPG with a few twists.

For one, the game will be open world, so you can explore any of the 7 interconnected levels in any order you wish.

The second one: there will be no levels.
The game will operate on a "Memory" System, where defeating enemies will give you "Memory Shards" of the respective enemy.
If you have enough of them you will then be able to fuse into a corresponding "Memory Card" which gives you 3 abilities themed around the enemy you made the Memory Card from when equipped.
Your currently equipped abilities, which cost 1 to 3 slots, need to be further equipped to your 9 availiable ability slots to be usable.
The Memory Cards will also affect the actor's parameters by a set % when equipped, reducing some parameters and increasing others, but for the most part no Memory Card is statistically better than another.

The game will have action commands
Quick Time Events/Minigames that make your skills stronger if you do well on them). when you use techniques.

It will also have three damage types: Physical, Magic and Gun.

Physical skills are high risk, high reward and exclusively non-elemental moves. They cost HP and can either Crit or Miss, will do damage based on Power and have their damage reduced based on the Defense stat.

Magic Skills are low risk, low reward, exclusive elemental moves. They cost MP and can't Crit, but also can't Miss. They both do damage and reduce damage based on the Magic stat.

Gun Skills are medium risk, medium reward, exclusively elemental moves. They cost TP and can either Crit or Miss. They do Damage Based on (Haven't decided yet) and reduce damage based on (Haven't decided yet).

The game will mix Hand-Drawn and Hand-Colored sprites drawn using Pencil, Paper, Pens, Colored Pencils, Etc. with 3D Effects.

The game won't be very story focused, unlike most JRPGs.
This due to the pick up and play co-op style i'm going for (it would be hard for people who just got into the game to understand the whole story).
It will focus more on gameplay and atmosphere instead, although there will be plently of worldbuilding and some character moments.

The game will also, among other things, be an homage to some chiptune musics i like, and will use the music from this playlist:

From my understanding, the songs in that playlist are royalty free, and the game will be non-comercial and will Credit them properly.
However, if you do own one of these chiptunes and do not want them used, please warn me and i will take them out of the game.

The story of the game goes a bit like this:
A group from another dimension manipulated some humans into helping them.
Using alien technology and help from the humans the main villain made machines that can turn memories and the collective conciousness of into powerful monsters known as "Memories".
It is impossible to make memories out of the conciousness of the citizens of the parallel world, and that's why the otherworlders invade the earthlings' dimension (the memories can still attack the otherworlders though).
These memories manifest as mythological, historical and religious figures: gods, demons, angels, creatures, people and oher such things.
Using memories created from the earthlings' counciousness, they plan to dominate not only the earth, but also their native world where they reside.
Our heroes, four friends, lived a normal life in a world very similar to our own, but eventually due to the dissapearance of the protagonist's brother they go out to investigate and find a rift to this another dimension, where they are responsabilized by the locals for the memories running rampant due to the fact they are based on the earth's conciousness.
However, an elder working for the Gods of the parallel world gives them the power to wield memories through technology obtained by reverse engineering, and gives them the duty to beat the alien and the seven demons terrorizing this land, in order to save not only this parallel world, but also their own.

The 7 Worlds and the seven elemental attributes will be based on a color of the rainbow each.
Your characters start our weak to all elements, but can be changed to resist them through passive abilities.
All foes in a world have a move of the corresponding element along with their other techniques.
The worlds will be(planned now, might change them later):
Red Ruins / Boss: Satan
Orange Oligarchy / Boss: Mammon
Yellow Yards / Boss: Beelzebub
Green Grotto / Boss: Leviathan
Blue Biome / Boss: Lucifer
Indigo Islands / Boss: Belphegor
Violet Voyager / Boss: Asmodeus

And the final level, unlocked after beating the 7 interconnected ones:

The Rainbow Rapture. / Boss: ??? (Final Boss)

Also here is a trailer for the game:

But that's mostly it. What do you guys think?

Major Edit: Had forgotten to put the Religious Content Warning.

Last edited:

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump. Or is it too early? Anyway, does anyone like this idea?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm unsure if i should post this here or in "Games in Development", but anyway, here's my ideas:

Minus Memory will be a 4 Player Co-op Japanese-Style Turn Based RPG with a few twists.

For one, the game will be open world, so you can explore any of the 7 interconnected levels in any order you wish.

The second one: there will be no levels.
The game will operate on a "Memory" System, where defeating enemies will give you "Memory Shards" of the respective enemy.
If you have enough of them you will then be able to fuse into a corresponding "Memory Card" which gives you 3 abilities themed around the enemy you made the Memory Card from when equipped. Your cutrwntly equipped abilities, which cost 1 to 3 slots, need to be further equipped to your 9 availiable ability slots to be usable. the Memory Cards will also affect the actor's parameters by a set % when equipped, reducing some parameters and increasing others, but for the most part no Memory Card is statistically better than another.

The game will have action commands when you use techniques, and will have three damage types: Physical, Magic and Gun.

Physical skills are high risk, high reward and exclusively non-elemental moves. They cost HP and can either Crit or Miss, will do damage based on Power and have their damage reduced based on the Defense stat.

Magic Skills are low risk, low reward, exclusive elemental moves. They cost MP and can't Crit, but also can't Miss. They both do damage and reduce damage based on the Magic stat.

Gun Skills are medium risk, medium reward, exclusively elemental moves. They cost TP and can either Crit or Miss. They do Damage Based on (Haven't decided yet) and reduce damage based on (Haven't decided yet).

The game will mix Hand-Drawn and Hand-Colored sprites drawn using Pencil, Paper, Pens, Colored Pencils, Etc. with 3D Effects.

The game won't be very story focused, unlike most JRPGs.
This due to the pick up and play co-op style i'm going for (it would be hard for people who just got into the game to understand the whole story).
It will focus more on gameplay and atmosphere instead, although there will be plently of worldbuilding and some character moments.

The game will also, among other things, be an homage to some chiptune musics i like, and will use the music from this playlist:

From my understanding, the songs in that playlist are royalty free, and the game be non-comercial and Credit them properly.
However, if you do own one of these chiptunes and do not want them used, please warn me and i will take them out of the game.

The story of the game goes a bit like this:
A group from another dimension manipulated some humans into helping them.
Using alien technology and help from the humans the main villain made machines that can turn memories and the collective conciousness of into powerful monsters known as "Memories".
It is impossible to make memories out of the conciousness of the citizens of the parallel world, and that's why the otherworlders invade the earthlings' dimension (the memories can still attack the otherworlders though).
These memories manifest as mythological creatures and oher such things.
Using memories created from the earthlings' counciousness, they plan to dominate not only the earth, but also their native world where they reside.
Our heroes, four friends, lived a normal life in a world very similar to our own, but eventually due to the dissapearance of the protagonist's brother they go out to investigate and find a rift to this another dimension, where they are responsabilized by the locals for the memories running rampant due to the fact they are based on the earth's conciousness.
However, an elder working for the Gods of the parallel world gives them the power to wield memories through technology obtained by reverse engineering, and gives them the duty to beat the alien and the seven demons terrorizing this land, in order to save not only this parallel world, but also their own.

The 7 Worlds and the seven elemental attributes will be based on a color of the rainbow each.
Your characters start our weak to all elements, but can be changed to resist them through passive abilities.
All foes in a world have a move of the corresponding element along with their other techniques.
The worlds will be(planned now, might change them later):
Red Ruins / Boss: Satan
Orange Oligarchy / Boss: Mammon
Yellow Yards / Boss: Beelzebub
Green Grotto / Boss: Leviathan
Blue Biome / Boss: Lucifer
Indigo Islands / Boss: Belphegor
Violet Voyager / Boss: Asmodeus

And the final level, unlocked after beating the 7 interconnected ones:

The Rainbow Rapture. / Boss: ??? (Final Boss)

Also here is a trailer for the game:

But that's mostly it. What do you guys think?
Your your action commands skills kinda inspired me to make every magic element type my game to be unique in their own way. The theme is a banger BTW, even though you didn't make it, it's still a banger. Also the alien machinery creating memories (the monster) reminded me of Kingdom hearts. Specifically the Heartless and Nobodys. But it also reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII-2 with Sarah and alternate reality.

I would playtest this game with you.

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your your action commands skills kinda inspired me to make every magic element type my game to be unique in their own way. The theme is a banger BTW, even though you didn't make it, it's still a banger. Also the alien machinery creating memories (the monster) reminded me of Kingdom hearts. Specifically the Heartless and Nobodys. But it also reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII-2 with Sarah and alternate reality.

I would playtest this game with you.
Thank you very much for replying!

I think you misunderstood the Action Command system. It isn't related to the three types of skills, but rather the Action Commands are just Quick Time Events/Minigames that make your skill stronger if you do well on them (Like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga). I should have explained it better. Although i'm glad the three damage types inspired you!

The song you heard is only one of an entire playlist! If you liked it, i recommend listening to the rest!

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts, but from what i've watched from it, i really noticed the similarities. This game wasn't specifically inspired by FFXIII-2, but it was heavily inspired by Final Fantasy in general, so maybe that's why it reminds you of that game too.

I'm happy to know that you're interested in playtesting this game! Once i'm done with the demo i'll be sure to share a link so you can playtest it.

Again, thanks for replying!

Last edited:

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some notes:

The game will be meant for all ages, but there will be some Religious Content in it.

"Aliens" in this thread refers to things from other dimensions other than the main one where the protagonists come from, although there will also be actual, extraterrestrial aliens that will be important for the story (although most of them will just be friendly NPCs).

Dimension 1 is the Main Dimension, where our protagonists come from. It is very similar to real life with few differences.

Dimension 2 is the Dimension where the main evil group comes from. It is similar to Dimension 1, but beings from Dimension 2 cannot be used to generate the Memories.

Spoilers (Might be unecessary due to this only being a game idea, but anyway a spoiler tag can't hurt):

Dimension 3 is the dimension where the true villain (an incorporeal being who needs a body) comes from. He wants to dominate all dimensions, starting with Dimension 1 and Dimension 2. And has brainwashed and controlled the apparent main villain into invading Dimension 1 and capturing the protagonists sibling due to them being a suitable vessel. The True Villain is the final boss.

Maria, one of the protagonists, is revealed to be the reincarnation of Mary of Nazareth, sharing a body with her spirit.
The main Memory Card she uses is actually the spirit of Mary in disguise and will transform accordingly gameplay-wise.
In the end of the story, Mary Leaves Maria's body and goes back to Heaven, leaving Maria to live her own life independently of Mary.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurpleClouds