Remaking the state of existence: thoughts on destruction to birth what's next

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by BreakerZero, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unless you got stuck under a rock this weekend you probably saw the Fortnite community go ape over the image of a black hole, one which also happened to eat up the entire game for nearly 48 hours. With my original concept cancelled and a new one in development I was wondering as to what translation of this kind of thing I can do in a more conventional storyline, while also staying on point from a conceptual angle relative to my new approach to the project.

Specifically, I am thinking of building a surprise finality ploy after what you think is the final boss which requires the player to return to the point from which everything had begun in order to purify the core of integrity. The catch of course is that in order to do so the purification process has to run straight down the inner fabric of existence itself (though nowhere near as damaging as what could have been) with the outcome based on the will of the one who reclaimed the core in the first place. This means that purification will require the effective destruction of one phase of existence to set things right after all that was done to start the cataclysmic events which led to that point, with the results based entirely on the will and origination of the reclaimer.

Any thoughts on this?

2. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    basically, The Matrix: Revolutions.

basically, Mortal Kombat 11.

BreakerZero likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    General Discussion is not for feedback on individual projects but for looking at broad themes related to the making of games.

I've moved this thread to Game Ideas and Prototypes. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes To be fair about it, I was actually kind of split on whether or not to post there in relation to what I'm talking about.

@gstv87 Haven't played MK11 but I did read about that aspect so I totally get the reference. And I didn't really get into The Matrix beyond the first film either, so that part's a total crap shot for me. Either way, it's quite hilarious that you brought it up.

At any rate, I have started putting the base design together for this new aspect of the endgame and decided that it will be something that the leader of the reclamation effort will have to face for himself.

UPDATE@1449CDT: I have now planned the entire sequence and decided for technical reasons that a video clip will be the best way to do the actual effect once the sequence hits the point of climax. Only thing now is determining what video editor works best for this (especially considering the cost to do a month of Premiere Pro for what amounts to a single effect rendering process).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    TLDR version: Neo finds one of the original programs created by the creator of the Matrix (a human), and he tells him that there is no ending to it, that he's not "the one", that he's just "another one", and that he's meant to take care of that little miscalculation called "human emotion"; He never anticipated that humans would not settle down with the "perfect world" that was the Matrix, so he created the plot of "the one" to take care of those who believed in it, and give them something to chew on while the machines did their thing.

6. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, even that's a lot to say...

Anyway, I couldn't settle on anything other than Premiere or After Effects for this (which also happened with my transporter room sequencing) so I went ahead and put down a good USD80$+ (by the time you account for taxes) to get the whole thing this time so that I can determine for myself as to which one to use for this job.

Update 0821CDT: This one ended up being After Effects material; however I may go back to Premiere Pro during the course of my access plan to redo some of my transporter effects.

Update 2002CDT: And the sequence is done. Although to accommodate the limitations relevant to the use of prerendered material I ended up splitting the sequence into two individual clips (because controller rumble).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019