Remember Faceset Selection?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Aaric, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaric

Aaric Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    So I seem to faintly recall back in the day that there was some sort of plugin that made setting up dialogue easier through the Event Command's Show Text, specifically for the face option. From what I remember it was a fully created plugin, and not just a command like Izy's. I have already looked through the forum and there's a possibility I just skimmed over it, but I couldn't seem to find it so forgive me if it exists and I just simply missed it.

Basically, it would remember the last Face set you last used in Show Text and make it easier for you by pre-selecting the set you last used. So for example, I hit Show Text, open up the Face, and use "Actor XX". Then next time I would open up Show Text for the next line of dialogue, the face set would already be set to "Actor XX" inside the box so I don't have to scroll and navigate through like twenty different face sets to find it again (until I switch to a different actor's face set, anyway.) Sounds lazy, but it just makes things progress much faster.

Does anybody remember such a plugin, or direct me to one similar? Any help, big or small, is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you remember wrong.

That would be an editor function change, and no plugin will change the editor - that is simply impossible.

What exists are messaging plugins that allow you to use textcodes to automatically display the faces of actors inside the gameplay, but even that would require you to always use the text code inside the show text.

3. Aaric

Aaric Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ahh alrighty then! Thanks for clarifying for me. If I can just do it through textcodes, even that would make it a bit easier for me. I used to dabble a lot in VX/ACEĀ  and might be remembering some different plugins. Thank you! *resolved*

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no script or plugin ever was able to change the functions in any of the editors.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.