centaur66

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi everyone,

In my game I want there to be no chance to reset and change your choices. Is there a way to have your game remember switches permanently, even after a shutdown or a reset?

Thanks in advance.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Switches are saved in the save file, which means that they stay the same when you launch the game again. If you want something that shares those switches for each save file, then the linked script might do the trick for you.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds very strange. And you would need to deinstall and reinstall your Game in order to play it again from beginning.

But maybe an Idea, as soon a Safe File exists, the New Game button gets inaccessible.
with only one Safefileslot and maybe auto safe within the game, you could get close to what you want.

But Player Cheaters could get around it by locating the safe folder and manualy copy pasting there safe files somewhere else, in case they need to replace the existing one.
But maybe if your Game requires internet connection for safe files,

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Because I want the switch to stay consistent even when you choose ‘new game’
There are various scripts to do that. You should check the master script list, I am 100% sure you will be able to find one.

EDIT: the linked script should do exactly that, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Listen @centaur66. What you ask for is called persistent data.
Normally, during Saved games, Switch status are saved on the save file in order to be restored. When you start a NEW game everything gets initialized to default values. Meaning that all Switches are set OFF.
Persistent data means that after Initialization, you want a switch to remain on the ON state if it is.
Techniques seen on Unddertale and Doki Doki literature club.
The script @Ebanyle recommended, gives you the power to do this.
Don't get confused, go for it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?
Fun fact: I always lower every tileset saturation (about 15%-25% of it) in my projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onurgungor