RMMV Remnants of Ardrus (CANCELLED)

RoA Is shaping up to be Huge. Would you guys prefer to see it in 3 10 hour games or one thirty hour

• 3 games of 10 our so hours is great.

• 1 big game that I can play start to finish.

• I don't care really.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@padr81 Thanks, mate. Stick with your game too. :) What you working on while you wait?

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@padr81 Thanks, mate. Stick with your game too. :) What you working on while you wait?
Its similar just shorter and much more violent. Don't wanna reveal too much of the story here as it kind of ties in but I can pm you if you're interested, I'd love your feedback on the general story.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lost motivation with my product because of the change. At least the one thing is that you’ll be forced to take different avenues with your project now. I regret having to use RTP since it’s too cheery for my setting...

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ You can combat that somewhat by desaturating the tiles and sprites; makes things look less happy. I've also been making the sprites slightly taller.

It's not the same, but there's not a lot else we can do.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lost motivation with my product because of the change. At least the one thing is that you’ll be forced to take different avenues with your project now. I regret having to use RTP since it’s too cheery for my setting...
Yeah RTP style doesn't suit gritty, I'm thinking of using the Time Fantasy set but its very cartoony.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Remnants of Ardrus - Episode 1 - Wheels in Motion - Out Now!!!
https://gamejolt.com/games/roaGame/437854

https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/remnants-of-ardrus

So this game has taken a huge change recently. It looks, feels and plays completely differently. Its also optimized for mobile so has some resource saving measures.
2.png
It's become a web comic styled monthly episodic game and Episode 1 is out now! Play it, enjoy it (hopefully), if your on Indiexpo give it a vote, if your not sign up and give it a vote. Let me know what you think and if you really enjoy it think of joining the Discord.
Indiexpo - https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/remnants-of-ardrus
Gamejolt - https://gamejolt.com/games/roaGame/437854

RoA Discord: https://discord.gg/V84EQt (You can use this for any questions or queries you might have.)

I will update tidy and fix the thread asap.

Last edited:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Quick update to say, I threw in some little bug fixes. 1.1.1 is uploaded now.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow you have been working on this game for quite a while ^^

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow you have been working on this game for quite a while ^^
I've essentially restarted 3 times due to various issues. That's why I just decided to cut my losses and upload episodes when I feel they are ready.

isoovak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi, who makes the graphics?

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Black Cloud:
I regret to inform everyone that after years of trying to make this work. RoA is now completely cancelled...
Why? Well because I just can't put in the time to finish a project this huge and b, I am never happy with any version of it I complete.

I would like to personally thank everyone whose posted in this thread, helped with the project offered their opinion both positive and negative, but hold down 2 jobs, raising 2 kids and finding time for something this huge is impossible for me. Who knows maybe when I'm rich and famous I'll revisit it.

Massive thanks again I appreciate every one who offered help, an opinion or just checked out the thread.

Silver Lining:
With every cloud comes a silver lining and this is quite a positive one. A lot of stuff from RoA (the old PV version) will be getting reused and put into my new project, the much smaller and more finishable The Oath of the Undying.

So RIP finally to a long dying Remnants and please come check out Oath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone