ArcanaMoonShine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanisg
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last time, my intented was not a Plugin Request, this time is it. This issue might get fix once i find a Plug in to change the battle HUD (i want to look my flash power ups on me, but also the enemies attacks thank you) But still, battles in my game are... inevitable, so having a Fight/Escape option at the very beggining of the battle is redundant and unaesthetic for my game, some knows/can make me a plugin/scrip to erase thos options right off the bat and move to the combat options right from the start?

Also, i want this game be comertial at some point... can i use these plugins in a commersial game? Just asking. Thanks for your help, see you later :kaohi:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you Google "RPG Maker MV remove escape," you will find many threads about this. The first result has several free plugins that do what you want.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm practicing/learning how to write plugins, so I wrapped this script by @Accendor into a function. Maybe it's what you need? I believe it's free to use/modify as they state "Complete script for anyone who needs it in the future:" It appears to be compatible with both MZ 1.1.1 and MV 1.6.2

JavaScript:
//=============================================================================
// RPG Maker MZ - Remove  Party Command Window Prior to Battle
//=============================================================================

/*:
* @target MZ
* @plugindesc Removes opening party command window prior to battle.
* @author Script by Accendor, Wrapped by Lady JJ
* https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/skip-the-fight-escape-menu-at-the-start-of-each-rund-while-battles.58329/
* Response #5
* @help RemovePartyCommandWindowPriorToBattle.js
* This plugin provides a command to remove the party command window prior to battle.
* Plug and Play
* There are no commands
* Compatible with both MV and MZ
*/

var SceneBattlePartyCommand = Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection;
Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection = function() {
    SceneBattlePartyCommand.call(this);
    this.selectNextCommand();
    this._helpWindow.clear();
    this._partyCommandWindow.deactivate();
};

Edit: Changed descriptive "Opening Fight/Escape Menu" to correct term "Party Command Window" thanks to @caethyril

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In case it helps: the Fight/Escape part is technically called the "party command window".

The approach Lady_JJ suggested looks good! Here's an alternative just in case:
I think you can just use this instead:
JavaScript:
Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection = function() { this.commandFight(); };
I.e. instead of showing the party command window, just proceed as if the player chose "Attack".

ArcanaMoonShine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanisg
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, this look short and nice, thank you all! Now, i need to learn where to implement this use them :kaoswt2: Still, this going to be really useful, i will updated you once I impliment them, till next time :kaohi:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You just need to save the code as a .js file, e.g. paste it into Notepad and choose Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whatever.js. (This works because JavaScript is stored as plaintext.) In this case the filename doesn't really matter because these plugins have no parameters. :kaophew:

I've done it for you here: check out one of the attached files. Lady_JJ's is the one with LJJ at the start of its name, the other one is mine, pick whichever you prefer~

Edit: updated attached file skipPartyCommand.js to fix an oversight (code in spoiler below).
JavaScript:
/*:
 * @target MZ
 * @plugindesc Skip the party command window in battle.
 * @author Caethyril
 * @help Free to use and modify.
 */

(function(alias) {
    Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection = function() {
        alias.apply(this, arguments);
        this.commandFight();
    };
})(Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection);

Attachments

• LJJ_skipPartyCommand.js
    1 KB · Views: 5
  • skipPartyCommand.js
    361 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In case it helps: the Fight/Escape part is technically called the "party command window".

The approach Lady_JJ suggested looks good! Here's an alternative just in case:
If this is the same as what Yanfly's Battle Core does, it changes the default placement but doesn't prevent the user from pressing Escape to go back to the party command window.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If this is the same as what Yanfly's Battle Core does, it changes the default placement but doesn't prevent the user from pressing Escape to go back to the party command window.
It is different. YEP Battle Engine Core's "Start Actor Command" option uses a more complex approach that only skips party command input at the start of the turn.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very cool, I just thought it was worth checking. In that case, I'll be sticking it into my project as well :wink:

ArcanaMoonShine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanisg
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thanks @caethyril and @Lady_JJ, the plugin do what i ask and using right now! :kaothx: But i also need to report i unintended minior problem: It does not show the starting TP of each character, it shows 0 when the encounter start, but they actually have TP, because I end up by mistake in my Skills menu and notices i can use some skills despite the 0, when my turn start, and after that, the TP is display normally, but not at the start,

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, my mistake! :kaoslp:
  • I think Lady_JJ's solution (what I named LJJ_skipPartyCommand.js) should work.
  • Otherwise, I updated my previous post with a fix.
Note that you only need to use one! Don't use both or strange things might happen. :kaoswt2:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...
Today I got my first shot of the COVID vaccine (Sputnik V). I was very worried. I didn't feel the prick at all. I do not observe any side effects yet.
I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takamura0012