Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,
First, sorry to open another topic (especially since I still have plenty of questions in reserve) but I can't find a solution to my problem which nevertheless seems very simple.
I'm using yanfly plugins to create a skill that gives an absorption barrier to all the team. Equivalent to 10% of each member's HP until the end of the current turn.
My formula is:

<Custom Target Barrier 1 Turns>
value = target.mhp / 10;
</Custom Target Barrier 1 Turns>

My problem is that, for some reason I don't understand, whoever cast the spell benefits from this barrier for 2 turns (the turn the spell is cast + the next one).
What I would like is for the barrier to be dispelled for all my characters at the end of the turn. Anyone know a solution?
I specify that I do not use any other spell that gives barrier points. I can therefore use an event at the end of the turn to dissipate the barrier points of all my characters (whether they have them or not), but again, I tried several scripts found on forums, nothing works. JavaScript is not my strong point, neither is English v_v

(translation made by google, please ask me to rephrase if necessary)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using one of Yanfly's battle systems that adjusts how turns are calculated?

As far as doing it manually, you should be able to use the script calls provided in the instructions.
battler.barrierPoints()
- Returns the total amount of Barrier Points the battler has.
and
battler.loseBarrier(value)
- Makes the battler lose 'value' worth of Barrier Points.

So if you use the Script event command you can put in:
Code:
$gameParty.members().forEach(member => member.loseBarrier(member.barrierPoints()));

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for your reply.
No, I don't use any plugin that changes the lap calculation (I imagine you are referring to ATB, CTB or other systems).
I had indeed used the 2 formulas you are telling me about, but I had copied and pasted them into the script command without changing anything.
So it works with your formulation.
The only problem. This shows me the barrier points lost...only on whoever cast the spell.
Since the caster keeps the barrier one more turn, it has already dissipated on the other members. It's a little weird.
Is there a way to not display the loss of barrier points?
Otherwise I can also extend the barrier to 2 turns for everyone, I would have the display of the barrier points lost for everyone at the end of the turn. But I confess that I prefer that there is nothing to display. Is it possible ? Otherwise it does not matter.

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if youre using more yanflys plugins, create a state (either passive or applied to the user when he cast the skill) and put the notetag on the state note:

Code:
<Custom Turn End Effect>
   //replace the X below for your value, i think it can exceed the remaining barrier points
   user.loseBarrier(X);
   user.updateBarrierTurns();
</custom turn end effect>

it will grant that, by the end of that turn, no point remain. also, make the state be removed by the end of the turn.

the user.updateBarrierTurns(); line may work alone if all thats happening is that the plugin is not updating the turns right. i think this line decreases a turn and show it properly, but this needs testing.[/code]

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks a lot. It works as I wanted.
The first line always shows "barrier damage" at the end of the turn. But the second line used alone, corrects the problem since it rectifies the gap of one turn between the caster of the spell and the rest of the group.
Thanks a lot for your help. That gives me one less bug to fix.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.
What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mozhiji2008