Remove by Restriction on States

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by cekobico, Jun 6, 2017.

1. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    I'm not sure if this should go on Action Sequence thread or here, but I'll try here first.

So, utilizing Yanfly's Action Sequence, I've made some of my skills to proc the damage twice (by using 2x Action Effect codeline).

However, if the said skills are also inflicting status effect, it will also proc the infliction twice. This is not a big deal on some states like Poison or Blind.

But for states with "Remove by Restriction" option checked, like Berserk/Confuse/Paralysis; apparently, inflicting them twice within the same attack also removes it.

Does this happened to anyone else? Is this the intended behavior, or is there a way to proc status infliction once if it is within the same skill no matter how many hit count is there.

2. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I took advantage of that to create toggle states.
    I believe it's caused by how the engine checks the states for removal.
    IIRC, it first makes a list of states to remove, and then removes them at the end of the turn.
    adding twice on top of an added state only registers the first action, queues for removal, and removes, and then adding twice again it ignores the removal part and only processes the adding.
    (I think. Don't remember the code by memory. But yes, that's happening at the stock code)

3. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not at my computer right now, but I think that there may be a way for you to add the state to the target through the action sequence instead of having the skill inflict it as normal. At least that way you wouldn't have to worry about it being added and removed in the same action.