Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am eventing a trailer and want to show the actual title screen as there is some animation on it which is lost in a static shot. However, it has the command window on it, as you would expect.

As this is being done in a separate copy of the game, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the command window completely from the title screen. It will never be needed by a player.

Can anyone suggest how this might be done?

Thank you.

EDIT
For the avoidance of confusion, perhaps I should specify that it is only the appearance of the window that I want to remove, not the functionality. That is because I need to be able to launch the game to play the evented sequence. Those few moments would be edited out of the video.

I hope that is clear. I'm not entirely sure that it is.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you use a skip title screen script, then show the rest of it off on a static map? Or would that be lost if you did that?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When it was shown later, it would still have the command window showing, so I don't think that will work. Unless there is something I haven't understood about how such a script functions?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can just hide title command by doing this
Screenshot_208.png
Code:
@command_window.opacity = 0
@command_window.contents_opacity = 0

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The one I use shows nothing but whatever you event on the map. So if you wanted to it could jump you right into the game. And to show command windows I had to get someone to draw them and use show picture to make them show up.

But, I'm not sure it could show off the rest of what you want to, hence why I was unsure it would do what you wanted.

Edit: Ninja'd by Theoallen. I think that solution they posted will do what you want so much better.

Reactions: Kes

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That works for sure, but I would use the much cleaner @window.visible = false line over those 2.
It's just my policy, if I can do it with 1 line instead of more without nuking performance in any way, I do just that. :p

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sixth well no wonder I felt so weird of doing it with 2 lines as I believe I should be 1 line. But I couldn't seem to recall what was it. Probably it was already at late night when I couldn't think clearly :p

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sixth would that be in exactly the same place in the script? Or would it be located somewhere else?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for the late response, not much free time nowadays.

Yeah, it goes at the same place, just rename the variable name I used to @command_window instead of @window.

Reactions: Kes

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akahi