Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is this possible? I also have Visustella if they allow this.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a little confused by your reference to maps - do you want to just disable dashing? If so, you can find plenty of plugins and script calls if you Google "RPG Maker disable dash" - the Galv plugin that also removes the "Always Dash" from the options menu works just fine in MZ.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is checking the "Disable Dashing" box on all the maps not an option?

It's a bit long.
I would have hoped you could just disable it for all maps, either natively or through something like "quality of life" in VS.

I'm a little confused by your reference to maps - do you want to just disable dashing? If so, you can find plenty of plugins and script calls if you Google "RPG Maker disable dash" - the Galv plugin that also removes the "Always Dash" from the options menu works just fine in MZ.

Nothing in VS then? I'm wary of plugins not always being compatible.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, you could copy that line in a plugin:
Code:
Game_Map.prototype.isDashDisabled = function() {
    return true //$dataMap.disableDashing;
};

regards

FrigidGaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With Visustella's Events and Movement core you can disable dashing in a plugin command right at the start to permanently disable it for the rest of the game I believe.

1660856194644.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
temporarily or
I would have hoped you could just disable it for all maps, either natively or through something like "quality of life"
there is an option that could do that and hasn't been mentioned before, but it has a different disadvantage.

you can use a multitext editor to open all mapfiles at the same time, check inone map with disable dashing how that attributed is stored in the text/json files and then make a replace over all files.

however you need to know how to handle text replacements to prevent the files from becoming unreadable due to wrong replacements.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba