Defying Gravity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello!

In battle, I noticed when all the actors die, it says "Actor name was defeated" before switching over to the game over screen. Is there a way to remove this message from showing at all and instead just going onto the Game Over screen?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Changing anything to do with menus, how and when windows display, will require a script.

Ateliae

Defying Gravity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I went into Battle Manger and removed

$game_message.add(sprintf(Vocab::Defeat, $game_party.name))
wait_for_message

It doesn't pop up for me anymore, so I think I figured it out.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Make sure you remember it though... Editing the scripts themselves can cause problems down the line, and it can become hard to trouble shoot if you forget what you edited and what their original version was.
That is why its suggested to just overwrite/alias them in new script slots instead of direct edits as those are easier to track. :)

Ateliae

Defying Gravity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Of course! I keep tons of backups and notes in my notepad on the scripts, so if there's some future error with the game over, it'll probably be from that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is still better practice to use a snippet rather than directly editing the base scripts as sometimes editing causes a problem elsewhere which seems unrelated and therefore much more difficult to bug hunt. This is especially true if you have more than one edit. With snippets you can temporarily disable them in just seconds, and then re-enable them one by one (again in seconds) to find out if one of them is the culprit. With direct editing, you will have to go into each script, find your edit and reverse it. Not quick and so easy to introduce a new bug with a typo.

However, if you think your query has been resolved, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen