Remove Menu Button In Corner

DoofRabbit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! Even though it may be useful for mobile I think the button in the corner to open the menu is rather ugly. Is it possible to remove it? If not possible in vanilla is there a plugin for that as of yet? Thank you!

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can remove it by setting "Touch UI" to off in the Options window ingame.
This is on by default, so the player needs to turn it off whenever they launch your game for the first time.
Also, even if you turn off the button, there will still be a gap between the menu and the upper edge of the screen, which is weird and ugly.

I've made a plugin that improves the touch UI button: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/n_enhancedtouchuibutton.127009/

With that plugin, you can:
  • Permanently enable or disable the button. The button is permanently enabled on mobiles.
  • Get rid of that gap when the button is turned off.
  • Let the player move the button to the bottom, if they so wish.
  • Choose whether the button should be turned on or off by default (when the game is launched for the first time).
PS: I just noticed a bug that only allows players to move the button to the bottom if they're not on mobile. Once I've fixed it, I'll release a version 1.0.1. It's fixed now.

Last edited:

DoofRabbit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can remove it by setting "Touch UI" to off in the Options window ingame.
This is on by default, so the player needs to turn it off whenever they launch your game for the first time.
Also, even if you turn off the button, there will still be a gap between the menu and the upper edge of the screen, which is weird and ugly.

I've made a plugin that improves the touch UI button: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/n_enhancedtouchuibutton.127009/

With that plugin, you can:
  • Permanently enable or disable the button. The button is permanently enabled on mobiles.
  • Get rid of that gap when the button is turned off.
  • Let the player move the button to the bottom, if they so wish.
  • Choose whether the button should be turned on or off by default (when the game is launched for the first time).
PS: I just noticed a bug that only allows players to move the button to the bottom if they're not on mobile. Once I've fixed it, I'll release a version 1.0.1. It's fixed now.
Thank You! That was very helpful!

Hètral

Teamplayer
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! Even though it may be useful for mobile I think the button in the corner to open the menu is rather ugly. Is it possible to remove it? If not possible in vanilla is there a plugin for that as of yet? Thank you!
I had the same thought, especially with a Quest Journal Window it looks really ugly.

I made a little workaround by deactivating the menu access in general in my first event in the game (Event Commands > Page 3 > under systems). Then I made a common event which opens the menu and assigned this common event to a specific button (e.g. with Visustellas ButtonCommonEvents Plugin)

I tested it, although the menu access is deactivated, via a common event it still works and the ugly button is gone. Furthermore you can manually assign the button you want to use for opening the main menu.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.
I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503