Not open for further replies.

MagicFool64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'using RPGMaker MZ, and I'm wondering how to remove the Shutdown option. Do I need Visustella's Core Engine?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If by "shutdown option" you mean a way to exit the game without clicking on the window's close (X) button, then MZ doesn't have that. One of your plugins added that in.

MagicFool64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If by "shutdown option" you mean a way to exit the game without clicking on the window's close (X) button, then MZ doesn't have that. One of your plugins added that in.
I need to remove it because I want to publish my game on Newgrounds

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said, MZ doesn't have a shutdown option. It was added by one of your plugins. You'll have to find out which one did, see if the option can be disabled (it probably can't) or remove it if it can't be disabled.

To find out which plugin added the shutdown option, you'll need to search for "shutdown" in each plugin. The fastest way to do that is to use a text editor that supports searching through folders. For example, Notepad++ (Windows only) or Visual Studio Code (Windows, macOS, Linux).

I personally recommend Visual Studio Code.

For Notepad++ you'll need to use the "Find in Files" option and tell Notepad++ which folder you want to search.
For Visual Studio Code you'll need to open the folder with Visual Studio Code. You can do that from Visual Studio Code itself, or use the File Explorer, right click on the folder, and select "Open with Code". After that, you only need to search (there's a search icon on the right side of the window).

The folder you want to search is /js/plugins

To remove the shutdown option, you'll be looking for a line that says:
Code:
this.addCommand("Shutdown", "shutdown");
or similar. Simply delete that line. Make sure you delete the line that says "addCommand", and not another one that might say: "exitText = 'Shutdown';" or similar.

Also, pay attention to the Terms of Use for the plugin. Some plugins do not allow modifications. If that's the case with your plugin, you'll need to ask the plugin dev for permission, or write a plugin that specifically removes the option (but only as a last resort).

Last edited:

MagicFool64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said, MZ doesn't have a shutdown option. It was added by one of your plugins. You'll have to find out which one did, see if the option can be disabled (it probably can't) or remove it if it can't be disabled.

To find out which plugin added the shutdown option, you'll need to search for "shutdown" in each plugin. The fastest way to do that is to use a text editor that supports searching through folders. For example, Notepad++ (Windows only) or Visual Studio Code (Windows, macOS, Linux).

I personally recommend Visual Studio Code.

For Notepad++ you'll need to use the "Find in Files" option and tell Notepad++ which folder you want to search.
For Visual Studio Code you'll need to open the folder with Visual Studio Code. You can do that from Visual Studio Code itself, or use the File Explorer, right click on the folder, and select "Open with Code". After that, you only need to search (there's a search icon on the right side of the window).

The folder you want to search is /js/plugins

To remove the shutdown option, you'll be looking for a line that says:
Code:
this.addCommand("Shutdown", "shutdown");
or similar. Simply delete that line. Make sure you delete the line that says "addCommand", and not another one that might say: "exitText = 'Shutdown';" or similar.

Also, pay attention to the Terms of Use for the plugin. Some plugins do not allow modifications. If that's the case with your plugin, you'll need to ask the plugin dev for permission, or write a plugin that specifically removes the option (but only as a last resort).
I solved it, but thanks. How? I used Visustella core engine, and deleted the Game End option in the title command list.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riliallen