Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys, me again!

I'm trying to remove tiles from my map. These tiles are from TileA, water, rocks, ice, mountains, etc.
But it seems I can only overlap them with other tiles, instead of overlapping- I would like to remove them.

I read there is a way to do this but failed to make it happen.
These rocks are seriously bothering me with their placement.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Draw over them with the same tile underneath, overlap is perfectly fine.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There should be a transparent tile on your map editor, just paint over what you want to remove with that.

(Shown here in the top left corner)

mapblablabla.png

NOTE** Yes I know this is MV, but it still applies to your engine :) (...I think, haha)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could edit your tileset and make a new rock that has the parts you want to be cut off. From the looks of the image, the right side.

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks guys, but the issue I’m having is only to delete and remove. I can’t overlap with the tile underneath because I don’t have an ocean tile, I do however have the Shallow Tile, where the water appears dark/deep.

Buuuuut I’m forced to use that darker tile if anything which will ruin the look I’m trying to go for. The map I’m using is a pre-made template I downloaded (largest map) so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with my capabilities. Again, new to this but I’m having SO MUCH FUN learning new things!

Q: If there is no way of deleting or “undoing” a tile, how do I find the same ocean tile to match?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can delete tiles, using the transparent tile in the top left corner of tab B, like the picture I shared above. Select it and click on something on your map, see what it does.

Here's another picture, in Ace this time. Look at the top left corner of the tileset, the empty tile deletes tiles on your map.
mapblablabla.png

Last edited:

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tried that @just1witness but the rocks are in Tile A, not Tile B so it won't allow me to delete it.
But it's all good! I found another way to kinda cover it up ^.^

Again, thank you all for responding and sharing.

P.S.
If anyone is interested in trying my RPG game, I'm more than happy to send you the 1.4 update to play?
I could use some critiques and advice :)

Attachments

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Both those water tiles are in the default A1 world map tileset. Unless you've edited your tileset you have both the deep and shallow water tile. If you can't find it post a picture of your A1 tileset for us please so we can see what is going on.

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just right click the ocean tile and draw over it...

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, I just figured out I'm impatient. The ocean tile is there, I assumed it wasn't.
I started playing around with my tiles and found it was the water surrounded by sand on the first row -_-
IT WAS THE FIRST TILE HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys for being supportive and helpful! I'm sure I'll have more Forum Questions in the future!
The forum can be closed now.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There should be a transparent tile on your map editor, just paint over what you want to remove with that.
That is on the B tileset, and it only removes upper layer tiles. It does not remove the A tiles from the map.

@Vengenous to have a thread closed, you need to report it and ask for it to be closed. Do not assume mods read every post of every thread and will stumble on your comment about closing.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjrocks2000