kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that's the question. Is there a simple way to redirect to game over without displaying the said message?
thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can edit the message under terms in the database, but you'll need a plugin to completely remove it.

shukiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can edit the processdefeat function in the rpg_managers.js file.

Comment out the this.displayDefeatMessage(); so it looks like this:

Code:
BattleManager.processDefeat = function() {
    //this.displayDefeatMessage();
    this.playDefeatMe();
    if (this._canLose) {
        this.replayBgmAndBgs();
    } else {
        AudioManager.stopBgm();
    }
    this.endBattle(2);
};

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@shukiri , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Also, it is never recommended to directly edit the default plugins. We always suggest to overwrite the default functions in another third party plugin.

I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heru_