AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. Since I only have one main character in my game I would like to simply the equipment menu by removing the actor selection page. (This one)

I tried @Sixth's solution to the problem:
Code:
class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase

alias skip_act_sel9972 create_command_window
  def create_command_window
    skip_act_sel9972
    @command_window.set_handler(:equip, method(:call_equip_scene))
  end

def call_equip_scene
    if $game_party.members.size > 1
      command_personal
    else
      SceneManager.call(Scene_Equip)
    end
  end

end
But as he said in his original post. It probably won't work with a custom menu. I'm using PAC's main menu.
as well as the compact menu addon

I'm just wondering if there is a way to get rid of the Actor status bit and have it cut straight to the actor equipment page.

Thanks

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Under the equipment command settings, replace 'command_personal' with 'call_equip_scene'.
This requires that little snippet I wrote too.

But your party has 2 members on that screenshot, and if that happens, it will ask for the actor selection again.
If you want to open the equip menu without ever selecting the actor (not even if there are more party members), leave only the SceneManager.call(Scene_Equip) line in the call_equip_scene method in my snippet, delete the other lines.

AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sixth

This worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva