jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I've removed the RTP from my game, including all references in the script to the VL Gothic font. Yet it still says I need that font when I try to run the game. Aside from copying the font, is there something I'm missing? I'd rather not copy a font that is never used anywhere.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you looking for something like this? 

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Already did that. Well, Luna Engine already does it. Every single reference to "VL Gothic" has been scrubbed from all the scripts just to be sure. I even replaced the "right arrow" with a different symbol that is in Open Sans. Is it hardcoded in the engine that the font must exist?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, that shouldn't be it. Do you have a font defined? Is it in a Fonts folder in the game directory? 

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Luna Engine, which defines the default font. I changed it to Open Sans everywhere VL Gothic is used, and of course have that font in the fonts directory.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm, I'm not sure what the problem is, then. Try out the solution proposed in the thread regardless, it won't hurt anything. Probably xD

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No change with that.

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As a test, I started a new project, removed all the RTP references, and changed Main. Saved it, altered Game.ini so it wouldn't look for the RTP, reloaded the project and ran it in test mode. Same error. I ran Game.exe in case it was the editor, and got the same error.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon