Removing black screen transition and blur from battles

FlipSum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englih
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've been searching and haven't found anything. I'm trying to change how battles start, namely removing the zoom and flash, and using whatever the current tileset is as the current baackground - and without blurring.

Right now, I've managed something very basic while tinkering with the code: a script that removes both the zoom and the flash:

Code:
(function($) {                                                                       // {
  $.prototype.startFlashForEncounter = function(duration) {
  };
})(Scene_Map);                                                                       // }
(function($) {                                                                       // {
  $.prototype.setZoom = function(x, y, scale) {
  };
})(Game_Screen);

However, I'm having a hard time making it so there's no black screen transition, and so it doesn't blur whatever is on screen at the time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... Just asking, have you seen this plugin?
It can alter every aspect of battle transition when it starts and there is no need for coding.

FlipSum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englih
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Soulrender. Thank you, I did! It seems to handle the blur but it doesn't seem to remove the black background.

EDIT: I realized that this might be related to using another script simultaneously. I'll test it out as soon as i can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!
Gosh I hate fireworks. Especially if you cant even see em. Its just noise. Noise that scares my pets.
Some (totally) differfent (more traditional) Goblin faces...

what do you guys think?
My game = 4.5k hours, 4 years+ and should be done in 3 weeks!!

OMG so excited!

I plan to finish before my b day, July 21st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viewtifuljoe