Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is probably a really simple thing, but how do I do the following

-Character A has buffs to a stat
-Character A attacks an Enemy

(here's the bit I can't seem to figure out)
-Character A loses the buffs to their stat.

BottleCapGames

Eventing Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How long is the auto removal on your state/effect?

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How long is the auto removal on your state/effect?

I'm not trying to remove a state/effect, that would be fairly easy as RPGMaker handles those separately. I also can't use states for this as those don't stack.

As it is I have the buff set to last 99 turns, since that's long enough for it to last until it gets removed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

What most people do is make a buff only last until the next action. Use it or lose it. Otherwise, you can use the damage formula to remove the buff, but I don't remember the code for that. May have to search for the thread on damage formula (for MV, as ACE is different) and see what is mentioned there.

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]MV Support[/move]
What most people do is make a buff only last until the next action. Use it or lose it.
I thought about doing that, but given the choice I'd prefer to allow the effect to stack, in order to give more flexibility to the players.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using the buff / debuff system and not states, I'm fairly sure applying a new buff will overwrite the old duration- so using another "buff until next turn" effect should stack and extend it until the next turn.

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using the buff / debuff system and not states, I'm fairly sure applying a new buff will overwrite the old duration- so using another "buff until next turn" effect should stack and extend it until the next turn.

1) that doesn't work.

2) even if it did, it wouldn't solve the issue of targeting, I need to target the character using the skill with the buff removal, but by default RPGmaker only allows targeting the target of the skill.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a damage formula, you can remove the user's buff via "a.removeBuff(#); [actual damage formula here]" where the # should be the numeric ID of the stat being buffed. You'd need to put this for every single attack formula, though.

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind, I figured out how to do it with Yanfly's Action Sequences.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PopeUrban