Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am wondering how you can do this with the default attack system or maybe some other way other than just downloading someone elses system. All plugins I found that accomplish this [yanfly, few others] have huge compatiblity problems with plugins i have so i keep getting knocked back to square one :(  any ideas?

Also just to be very specific i mean the text box that appears and says damages or skills you used and displays info basically already displayed on screen with more "info" and it hogs up half the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's still not clear what you mean.  Do you mean the info box that appears right across the top of the screen, or the messages that pop up as actions happen, and the faster they happen, the faster the messages appear?

In either case, to remove or reduce them, you're going to need a plugin, or to edit the scripts themselves.  And if it's the action-type messages, you're going to have to indicate which ones you want to keep and which ones should go.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for reply first off

Not the action menu where you choose to attack and etc, yes the one up top that is like a commentator except in a text box. Also gotcha I figured I'd have to edit the default scripts. I'm really not that great with MV though, VX ACE had all the default scripts on menu and ready to edit and usually you could figure your way around them pretty easy all the default scripts I open here with MV I have hardly a clue what I'm looking at and the script page is like 15x longer lol I also don't have a clue what that feature is actually called in script so im not even trying to know what to do if someone just could point me in the right direction? ill figure it out eventually through trial and error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's not the one @mrcopra - that removes the battle log.  The OP is saying it's the one that appears in a text box, which is the help window.

I suspect you could do something in rpg_scenes.js around line 2189 (Scene_Battle.prototype.createHelpWindow) to make it never display.  I'm not sure setting opacity to 0 will do it, because I think when it's shown and hidden, the opacity is changed.  Even visible is used by the scripts, so it's not as easy as setting that to false, as something else will likely change it to true.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ASUG0, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231