RMMV Removing Item Costs in Yanfly's Skill Cost Item Plugin

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there. I'm trying to make it so that at certain levels, certain skills cost different items. Like, a Raise spell costing a revive herb until level 10, then requiring a miracle stone after that. I've got the whole thing set, except that I wanted to not show the item costs if they're 0. Like, in my example, when you reach level 10, it would show Miracle Stones, but not Revive herbs.

I'm using Yanfly's Skill Cost Item plugin, and I know there's no way in the plugin parameters to do it, So, I was wondering if anyone knew where in the code I could just add a conditional statement to check for amount, and if 0, then don't draw the cost?

Thanks in advance, or, if somebody has a better solution then what I came up with, I thank you for that, as well.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
different approach idea, lv1-9 revive skill has <hide if learn skill: X> (yanfly skill core)
where X is a different revive skill with same name learn at lv10 with the different cost notetag.
(since using the same name X will have to be ID number and cannot use name (which is usually better to use ID numbers always for these kinda things anyways))

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was planning on doing a bunch of skills like this, and some of them have like, 4 different item costs, so, not making hundreds of duplicate skills would be preferable, although I appreciate the idea, I was also kinda gonna go with that, and then I saw the custom costs eval in the plugin and thought this would be a more apt choice.

EDIT: As an update, I used a state to replace the costs and made the state be conditional to your level. I believe I used Yanfly's Conditional Passives and Skill Cost Items to get the intended effect.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theNaoya