shenry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey yalls! First time poster here. I'm working on a game that just uses ATK, DEF, and AGI, and i'm trying to remove those from the yanfly status screen and the yanfly equip screen.

I've already researched and found numerous ways to remove those stats from the default status and equip screen, but I am using Yanfly's improved menus. I found that the plugins to remove those stats from the default screens do not work on the yanfly screens. :blink:

And I've tried to do it myself, but I just really am not familiar enough with javascript to go in to the .js file and fix it myself. I am pretty sure it shouldn't be hard to do though, if you know what you're doing.

Here are the specifics:

In the "General" Tab:
1. I would like to swap the position of Defense and M. Attack
2. Remove M. Attack, M. Defense, and Luck and expand the other three windows to cover the empty space

In the "Parameters" Tab:
1. Same biz here, just remove M. Attack, M. Defense, and Luck and adjust the position of the other bars accordingly
2. Expand the width of the three remaining bars to fill the space (If you feel like it, that's not mandatory)

Lastly, in the "Equip" Menu:
1. Once again, remove M. Attack, M. Defense, and Luck

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here ya go (plugins attached):

Equip_Compare.png

Status_General.png

Status_Parameters.png

Terms:
  • All credit still goes to Yanfly as required by his/her terms.
  • It is not necessary to credit me.
    • If you would like to, you may, but make sure it is clear this is only edited by me and is Yanfly's original content.
I added a note to the version history and marked my edits in the file with "ALOE Edit".
If there is interest, I could pull the edits out into a separate plugin (as an extension to Yanfly's) and make it configurable so that you can choose from the editor which parameters are displayed on your menus.

EDIT: Removed script attachments as they are no longer relevant (see post below)

Last edited:

shenry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here ya go (plugins attached):

Terms:
  • All credit still goes to Yanfly as required by his/her terms.
  • It is not necessary to credit me.
    • If you would like to, you may, but make sure it is clear this is only edited by me and is Yanfly's original content.
I added a note to the version history and marked my edits in the file with "ALOE Edit".
If there is interest, I could pull the edits out into a separate plugin (as an extension to Yanfly's) and make it configurable so that you can choose from the editor which parameters are displayed on your menus.

Works great! Yes, pulling the edits out into a separate plugin would be awesome. Thanks!

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this attached plugin now instead of what I shared before.

This is an extension of the Yanfly Equip Core and Status Menu Core that allows the developer to define exactly which actor parameters should display in the menus. You may also change the order in which they are displayed. The windows will automatically reformat appropriately based on the actor parameters chosen.

1. Re-install the original YEP Equip Core and YEP Status Menu Core from the Yanfly website.
  2. Install this extension plugin below the YEP Status Menu Core.
  • Credit: Aloe Guvner
    • Credit in the context that this is an extension of the Yanfly Plugins. Yanfly created the original content.
EDIT: Removed v1.00 plugin from this post. See newer version below.

Last edited:

shenry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this attached plugin now instead of what I shared before.

This is an extension of the Yanfly Equip Core and Status Menu Core that allows the developer to define exactly which actor parameters should display in the menus. You may also change the order in which they are displayed. The windows will automatically reformat appropriately based on the actor parameters chosen.

1. Re-install the original YEP Equip Core and YEP Status Menu Core from the Yanfly website.
  2. Install this extension plugin below the YEP Status Menu Core.
  • Credit: Aloe Guvner
    • Credit in the context that this is an extension of the Yanfly Plugins. Yanfly created the original content.
Thanks, works really well!

shenry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, What about the InBattleStatus plugin? Could you adjust that as well so it shows only specific stats? I just remembered that, sorry.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is updated now, please install the new version and remove the old version. The plugin name and some of the plugin settings have changed.
InBattleStatus.png

Version 1.01:
- Added additional parameters to further control what this plugin affects.
- Added functionality for YEP_X_InBattleStatus.js
- Improved readability and organization.
- Added compatibility checks.
- Changed plugin name to ALOE_X_YEP_Equip_StatusMenu_InBattleStatus

As a side note, since it looks like you're new to the forums - welcome!
There are some forum guidelines to follow:
  1. Avoid double posting if possible (although in this case I might not have seen your question otherwise, so it's probably fine).
  2. No need to quote a persons entire post in a reply, you can use a quote to respond directly to a portion of the post if you want.
  3. If a person has helped you, feel free to 'like' their post(s). It helps their standing in the community and encourages participation and helping others :) It's not required, of course.

Attachments

• ALOE_X_YEP_Equip_StatusMenu_InBattleStatus.js
    14.2 KB · Views: 159

shenry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appreciate the quick crash course. Thanks!:rock-right:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious to know how you can do this for the item menu? That way those extra stats don't show up there.

Tried this code:
Window_ItemStatus.prototype.drawEquipInfo = function(item) {
var rect = new Rectangle();
if (eval(Yanfly.Param.ItemShowIcon)) {
rect.width = (this.contents.width - Window_Base._faceWidth) / 2;
} else {
rect.width = this.contents.width;
}
for (var i = 0; i < equipParams.length; ++i) {
rect = this.getRectPosition(rect, i);
var dx = rect.x + this.textPadding();
var dw = rect.width - this.textPadding() * 2;
this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor());
this.drawText(equipParams, dx, rect.y, dw);
this.changeTextColor(this.paramchangeTextColor(equipParams));
var text = Yanfly.Util.toGroup(equipParams);
if (equipParams >= 0) text = '+' + text;
if (text === '+0') this.changePaintOpacity(false);
this.drawText(text, dx, rect.y, dw, 'right');
this.changePaintOpacity(true);
}
};

Last edited:

KinRyuTen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Aloe Guvner Mind if I try to make some additions to the code for other menus (i.e. Equip Battle Skills, Item Menu, etc)? I'll credit you and Yanfly on it if I can do it.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ My apologies, I never saw your earlier question.

@KinRyuTen Go for it! Let me know if you have any questions and I can try to help.
On my "To-Do List" is to cover all Yanfly plugins to allow people to choose which parameters they want to show, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

KinRyuTen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Got the Equip Battle Skills working, and I can try to finish the rest when later tonight after work. I'll leave you to naming the plugin when I'm done.

EDIT: I'm a novice at coding, but I can understand what people do with it, and copy it pretty well.

@Aloe Guvner I have the Item Core in there now and part of the shop core. The part I'm missing is in the Shop Status window that shows your character's stats individually. I cant figure out which one it is to tell MV (and Yanfly's plugin) not to show the desired stats I want gone. Here is what I did so far. The name is garbage as it was a quick test name and I didn't properly list the update.

Attachments

• KIN_X_ALOE_X_YEP_CustomMenuParameters.js
    22.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epitaph78