Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently using two plugins that create custom menu commands: Mr. Trivel's Monster Book and Yanfly's Quest Journal. I'm now encountering a problem when I try to remove some of the standard menu options. Here is what the menu is with all commands:

Item
Skill
Equip
Status
Formation
Quest
Monster Book
Options
Save
Game End

When I remove Formation, it causes both "Quest" and "Monster Book" to disappear. (This doesn't happen when I remove Save, so I presume it has to do with the fact that Formation comes before them in the menu.) It seems to happen no matter what method I use to remove Formation, whether it's by unchecking it in the Systems tab, or by disabling or removing it with Yanfly's Menu Core. If anyone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Here are my plugins:

plugins.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This will require a custom compatibility patch, so you better give links to the plugins involved.
The problem is that plugins are "pluggin in" to parts of the engine code, and removing options in the editor causes the editor to prevent the parts of the code to run that are responsible for those parts.
And in your case that appearently also removes the anchors where the plugins where placing themselves.
so you'll need someone to partially reprogram the plugins to either use different code to anchor themselve or to remove the unwanted menu parts themselves (forcing you to keep everything active in the editor, but that might be easier to do than to redirect the anchors)

Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did already put in links for the Monster Book and Quest Journal plugins. Do you need links for ALL the plugins I'm using?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, one key plugin "involved" in the menu configuration is Yanfly's Main Menu Manager:
Try turning that off in the Plugin Manager (right-click > Turn OFF), then save and test to see if it helped. Could be you just need to adjust its parameters. :)

Also, are you removing the Formation command using the option on the System tab in the database, and/or through some other method?

Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I can't believe I forgot about that one. I had been removing the Formation command both through the Systems tab and through the Main Menu Manager, and both caused the problem.

For some reason, I was assuming that Main Menu Manager was not the problem, but it seems like it was! After I disabled it, I was able to remove the Formation command without losing the commands for the custom plugins.

For the moment, I don't think I actually need the Main Menu Manager anymore. I got it earlier to incorporate something that I ended up getting rid of anyway. I'll have to double check later, I've been working on this for so long that I've forgotten what I got some plugins for. But I think all should be good now!

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha